PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Recent content by BuryPNE

1. B

Outside View

As someone who works for a business turnaround company surely the way you work is to apply management talent, new ideas, a new plan and forward thinking to a business which is struggling? I doubt the plan involves throwing huge amounts of cash at it. I'm surprised at your attitude towards...
  2. B

Liverpool Ticket Details Confirmed (Sold Out)

I'm 52 now and got to drive my Dad over tonight as he's not driving himself at the moment but I can't really be arsed with these types of games in our current predicament. Trouble is the old bugger's got double glazing so I don't think a football would work. Anybody got a ten pin bowling ball...
  3. B

Bury FC saved?

Just texted my nephew and he's not so sure. There's a lot of ill feeling towards AFC from fans that have clung to Bury FC being resurrected. Edit. Shabbagaz was posting at the same time!
  4. B

Chris Humphrey interview ‘Told off for wearing Orange boots’

I remember talking to an injured Scott Laird before a game at Walsall. CH came up in the conversation. Scott said what a great bloke Chris was and a very good player. He also said CH was "too honest" in that he would never leave his full back exposed, even to the detriment of his own attacking game.
  5. B

Season Card 20/21 Details (Confirmed) - Latest Club Update Refund Options 24/09(Page 99)

Absolutely. Anybody who knows Pete knows he's a top bloke and passionate Northender. More than most he sees the general apathy of the local population to its football club and it naturally irritates him. As Staffordwhite says Pete doesn't need me to stick up for him, just wanted to prove...
  6. B

Coronavirus football options summarised (Premier League Restart 17/06/20 (post1,630)

I agree entirely. Surely there needs to be a mechanism to remove corrupt owners without destroying clubs completely like Bury have been. Even though the club still technically exists there really is no way back for the fans or the club. Especially as the support is now fractured with the...
  7. B

Coronavirus football options summarised (Premier League Restart 17/06/20 (post1,630)

Haha :) I'm sure some turned a blind eye but most I know were very concerned that one crook had sold the club for the princely sum of one pound to another charlatan who had a history of liquidating dozens of businesses previously without putting any of his own money in to any of them!!!!
  8. B

Bury fc future?

Yes. People I've spoken to don't seem to be bothered at what level the original Bury would be allowed back in the League at. They just ideally want the original club to survive. As that is increasingly unlikely then once there is only one team representing Bury then I'm sure a lot will move...
  9. B

Bury fc future?

I'm not sure but I think they're going to ground share with Radcliffe Borough. They can't afford Gigg Lane and the exorbitant costs involved. From speaking to BFC fans there is still the problem that the original Bury FC still exists (though for how long?) and that a lot of fans won't change...
  10. B

Plastics away - Ticket Details. (3pm Kick Off)

They won the title in January?
  11. B

Leeds game

Can't we just ban this twat?
  12. B

Bolton Wanderers

Yes I'm in agreement with all that. My point wasn't aimed at you it's just that a prospective owner is just that - a future owner, who does not even yet have control of the club and may never do so. It just smacks of double standards to me. In my opinion both clubs should either have been...
  13. B

Bolton Wanderers

No doubting the Bury owner is a prat, but how can a "prospective" owner in Bolton's case guarantee anything?
  14. B

Bolton Wanderers

Have they even had a sanction for not playing the last game of the season? EFL won't even let Bury play yet Bolton decide if and when they're going to play and Bury get the same points deduction?