Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Switch

New console from Nintendo. Portable HD console that can be docked and played on the big screen, also has detachable controllers and a kickstand so you can do local multiplayer out of the box. Trailer shows Zelda, Skyrim, NBA 2K, Mario Kart and more on the go! Really cool idea!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Problem with Nintendo is they always have crap child games. Think I'll stick with my Xbox and PC for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
    Problem with Nintendo is they always have crap child games. Think I'll stick with my Xbox and PC for now!
    Child games like Bayonetta, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, Metroid Prime, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Zelda, MadWorld, No More Heroes, Devil's Third, Ninja Gaiden, Eternal Darkness, Project Zero, Xenoblade, Monster Hunter, Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed, Watch Dogs etc. etc.?

Nintendo has a very good balance, I reckon. Plus, Smash Bros., Mario Kart and Splatoon are all wicked. You don't have to play the "child games" if you don't want to...
    Last edited by boeoz; 20-10-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boeoz View Post
    Child games like Bayonetta, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, Metroid Prime, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Zelda, MadWorld, No More Heroes, Devil's Third, Ninja Gaiden, Eternal Darkness, Project Zero, Xenoblade, Monster Hunter, Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed, Watch Dogs etc. etc.?

Nintendo has a very good balance, I reckon. Plus, Smash Bros., Mario Kart and Splatoon are all wicked. You don't have to play the "child games" if you don't want to...
    The majority of them top titles are on the more powerful consoles anyway so not much point buying a Nintendo unless you like Mario games, which I haven't since it pissed me off on gameboy years ago!

Handheld consoles are dead with the progress in mobile phones.

Nintendo have been so disappointing in the last few years. They are only just releasing games on mobile phones. Had they released games on mobiles 4-5 years ago they would have made a killing!
    "I went to Blackpool once It was like walking through a Hieronymus Bosch painting. It was then that I decided to go home. God obviously cant see Blackpool. If he could, hed burn it". Miles Cross

Substitute
    I'm fed up of my PC and looking to get a console. Do you reckon it's worth getting the PS4 Pro, or waiting for the Xbox Scorpio or Nintendo Switch?

Quote Originally Posted by PneFinney View Post
    I'm fed up of my PC and looking to get a console. Do you reckon it's worth getting the PS4 Pro, or waiting for the Xbox Scorpio or Nintendo Switch?
    Depends what you're after, mate!

For sheer power, multimedia capabilities and online gaming, you'll want the Scorpio.

For the all-round best eco-system, PlayStation is pretty hard to beat. PS4 is a cracking console, and unless you really value 4k Blu-ray, then PS4 Pro will probably be the best pure home gaming system. It also has the best controller for my money. And if you're interested in VR, it's the only console that supports it right now.

If you want a home console you can also take with you, and play Nintendo exclusives on, then you'll want the Switch. Nintendo also does local multiplayer better than anyone else.

Horses for courses!

I'll be getting on launch as it's my sons birthday then 😊

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch 22 View Post
    I'll be getting on launch as it's my sons birthday then 😊

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Also mine

New Zelda and a new console. Happy birthday indeed.

Funnily enough its my birthday too, but two things to point out : PS4 Pro does not support 4K blu ray and if you want to buy a Pro you need a 4K tv to take advantage of it.
    "It's like the War of.... Game of.....War of nutrition" - Simon Grayson