Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Driving down Fishergate ??? - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Driving down Fishergate ???

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Too much lost in court cases, isnt the one connect case still ongoing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38750345

2 million quid!!
    Yep and it's very likely nothing will be found at the end of it. I'm glad I'm not the officer who has to make the 'right guys, we can't do anymore, give it up' decision and have to tell the CC, PCC and head of LCC.

Assistant Manager northender0602's Avatar
    http://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2017/04...peals-granted/

I always thought that that was well signposted? One as you drive up the hill, the arrow on the bollard and the no right turn at the top directly in front of the drivers?

Have noticed tough that even though the rules still apply, re driving down Fishergate. Folks are now driving down Fishergate again. Will they do the same with Bu tler street? Maybe they need one of those big electric signs like they have on London Road at the moment.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by northender0602 View Post
    http://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2017/04...peals-granted/

I always thought that that was well signposted? One as you drive up the hill, the arrow on the bollard and the no right turn at the top directly in front of the drivers?

Have noticed tough that even though the rules still apply, re driving down Fishergate. Folks are now driving down Fishergate again. Will they do the same with Bu tler street? Maybe they need one of those big electric signs like they have on London Road at the moment.
    Agree the signage was fine on Butler Street imho.

As I've said before on here, sooner rather than later they'll just have to stick the bollards up and pedestrianise Fishergate, no cars allowed. It's not sustainable all this messing around and having traffic piling down the main shopping street in the city centre doesn't make sense. There should be lay-bys for buses on the ring road, trams etc. to help but no cars through town, it's a waste of time.

My daughter in law got stung when dropping me and the lad off at Preston Station to get train to away game - our extended family all reside out of area but access and send majority of income in Preston - if she gets a fine they will boycott Preston shopping as a protest

Quote Originally Posted by Elwiss View Post
    My daughter in law got stung when dropping me and the lad off at Preston Station to get train to away game - our extended family all reside out of area but access and send majority of income in Preston - if she gets a fine they will boycott Preston shopping as a protest
    I hardly bother with Preston for shopping now anyway. If I wanted a day out walking round a city centre, bit of shopping, bit of food, few drinks etc. I just get the train to Manc instead.

I heard today that Lune Street is going to become a 2 way road to ease the traffic leaving the Fishergate area.

Quote Originally Posted by 222Mark View Post
    I heard today that Lune Street is going to become a 2 way road to ease the traffic leaving the Fishergate area.
    I was on Winkley Square on Tuesday and wanted to get to Penwortham.

I had no idea if I could drive down Fishergate or not so drove all the way back to the ring road......then sat in traffic for twenty minutes to get within 200m of where I started.

And I still don't know if I could drive down Fishergate or not. Bloody ridiculous.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddie View Post
    How about turning Lune street into 2 way? Out of St Georges turn right and straight down to the Ring Road. Simples.

Obviously only for those parking in St Georges Car park.
    Someones eventually had some common sense. On trial for a while but it will stay, mark my words!
    Bald and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Waddie View Post
    Someones eventually had some common sense. On trial for a while but it will stay, mark my words!
    Have you got next weeks winning lotto numbers by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by 222Mark View Post
    Have you got next weeks winning lotto numbers by any chance?
    7 14 16 21 27 and 51.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.