Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Driving down Fishergate ???

Coaching Staff
    As you turn left out of the road by the side of the train station opposite the Vic there is a bollard on the pavement. Just before Christmas I noticed it had been smashed down and the surrounding paving blocks subsequently ripped out. It had obviously been hit. Last Saturday morning as I was getting off the bus where Tommy balls used to be I actually saw a wagon turning left out of the street and hit the same bollard, knocking it over and ripping out the same surrounding paving flags. When he got out to look at the damage he said the bollard is on too sharp a turn and you cannot see it properly if you are high up in a wagon. I wonder how many other times this has happened as that is now twice I have seen it flattened in my last two visits to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    As you turn left out of the road by the side of the train station opposite the Vic there is a bollard on the pavement. Just before Christmas I noticed it had been smashed down and the surrounding paving blocks subsequently ripped out. It had obviously been hit. Last Saturday morning as I was getting off the bus where Tommy balls used to be I actually saw a wagon turning left out of the street and hit the same bollard, knocking it over and ripping out the same surrounding paving flags. When he got out to look at the damage he said the bollard is on too sharp a turn and you cannot see it properly if you are high up in a wagon. I wonder how many other times this has happened as that is now twice I have seen it flattened in my last two visits to town.
    Ha Ha ha, you're obviously not aware of the Twitter sensation that is @FishergateBllrd! Said bollard has been clattered numerous times with a number of cars (inc 4x4s) ending up 'beached' over the top of it having sent the centre piece flying on impact. The aforementioned Twitter account was set up after the umpteenth crash report on Blog Preston/in the LEP. Well worth a follow if you have Twitter.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    I think the way to solve this problem is for you not to go to town

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    I think the way to solve this problem is for you not to go to town
    Very good