Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Broadband (and TV)

Virgin Broadband (and TV)

Just added Virgin's 'Mix TV' to my broadband account. It was advertised at 12pcm for existing customers but today I received an email saying my total bill is now 19pcm extra.

Is there anyone on here who just uses broadband that can log into their account and see how much Mix TV is per month as an upgrade?

Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    Just added Virgin's 'Mix TV' to my broadband account. It was advertised at 12pcm for existing customers but today I received an email saying my total bill is now 19pcm extra.

Is there anyone on here who just uses broadband that can log into their account and see how much Mix TV is per month as an upgrade?

Ta.
    Ive had a few times ive had to call them about misbilling. In fairness theyre usually good at putting it right. Try giving them a call, Sav.

Its often about when in the month you got connected to the sevice as well.
    The Conservatives are strong against the weak and weak against the strong. That's not leadership

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Ive had a few times ive had to call them about misbilling. In fairness theyre usually good at putting it right. Try giving them a call, Sav.

Cheers Raef, will do. They seemed to have put my broadband up to 100mbps which I didn't ask for and don't need and a mate has suggested there may be 'rent' for the Tivo box which funnily enough wasn't mentioned in the price!

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post

Gave them a ring yesterday and explained the two prices. The guy who answered was surprised, well he acted surprised and said Virgin would honour the advertised price.

I have a feeling though it's a deliberate ploy to try and catch people out and only correct it when it's questioned.

Virgin are shocking for quoting one price and then charging something different. I left because of that and won't go back under any circumstances. They did it on more than one occasion and to loads of other people I know.
    No wums please - low patience threshold

Quote Originally Posted by Joanpne View Post
    Virgin are shocking for quoting one price and then charging something different. I left because of that and won't go back under any circumstances. They did it on more than one occasion and to loads of other people I know.
    Interesting Joan.....

My Virgin broadband and line rental has just gone up to 39 per month , so i rang them today and said that if thy couldnt do anything for me, then i would be moving to Sky...

The bloke has reduced my package cost down to 27 for 6 months and then 34 per month thereafter......

Lets see if it happens !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    Interesting Joan.....

My Virgin broadband and line rental has just gone up to 39 per month , so i rang them today and said that if thy couldnt do anything for me, then i would be moving to Sky...

The bloke has reduced my package cost down to 27 for 6 months and then 34 per month thereafter......

Lets see if it happens !!!
    I just did something similar with Sky. I rang about Sky Q and they said it would be an extra 12 pm. I said no thanks, you are already too expensive. They then wangled a deal giving me Sky Q in my package for the same overall price I'm paying now. They did this by giving me free Sky Sport for a year though I was getting it for half price already.

The moral is, never accept the list price.

You have to watch the lot of them, they are all basically dishonest. Always know when your contract ends, because if you continue without negotiating they up the price at the end of you current agreement, without telling you it's ended.

Watch out for scams from energy companies, I changed to First Utility, 3 months in they sent me an email, offering to give me 75 John Lewis voucher if I signed up for another year.

I checked the Tariffs and there was a 30% increase overall an extra 20 a month for 18 months.
    "You will be better advised to watch what we do instead of what we say"
    A. A. Milne

Support the Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    Cheers Raef, will do. They seemed to have put my broadband up to 100mbps which I didn't ask for and don't need and a mate has suggested there may be 'rent' for the Tivo box which funnily enough wasn't mentioned in the price!
    TiVo is a fiver a month pal the broadband is 200mbs

Quote Originally Posted by Pne king 69 View Post
    TiVo is a fiver a month pal the broadband is 200mbs
    So I'm told but this wasn't mentioned in the advert for the package upgrade. I spoke to Virgin and the guy read the emails I had been sent from Virgin and agreed to reduce my monthly bill to the one advertised.

However since then I've had my first monthly bill at the new rate along with the 'connection fee' and an adjustment for upgrading mid-month and it's come to an eye-watering 78. I've tried to make sense of it but it still doesn't add up why I've paid almost double the new monthly rate so I'll be back on to them tomorrow!