Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Brexit to protect Bankers and corporates!
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit to protect Bankers and corporates!

Brexit to protect Bankers and corporates!

Jeremy Corbyn has positioned himself as the politician ďtaking on the establishmentĒ in a New Year message where he vows to campaign to stop Brexit benefitting just ďbankers in the CityĒ.

The leader of the Labour Party says it is time to take stock of ďa year that will live long in all of our memoriesĒ, but goes on to rail against how ďpeople didnít trust politicians and they didnít trust the European UnionĒ in echoes of the populist rhetoric that won the EU referendum for Leave.

He says:

- ADVERTISEMENT -

ďI understand that. Iíve spent over 40 years in politics campaigning for a better way of doing things, standing up for people, taking on the establishment, and opposing decisions that would make us worse off.Ē

Labour wonít block triggering Article 50, he said, and acknowledged the opportunities presented by Brexit.

Continuing to play the card of the political outsider, he argues that ďdecisions made in Westminster are making peopleís lives harderĒ, citing rising homelessness, increased waiting times in A&Es and zero hours contracts.

He says:

ďThose in charge today have put the jobs market, housing, the NHS and social care in crisis. We canít let them mess this up. Itís about everyoneís future. A Brexit that protects the bankers in the City and continues to give corporate handouts to the biggest companies is not good enough.Ē

Full message:

I think itís fair to say, that 2016 is a year that will live long in all our memories. It saw 12 months of enormous change not just in Britain but the world.

But the New Year gives all the opportunity to start afresh.

One of the best things about my job as Leader of the Labour Party is meeting some fantastic people all over the country.

But every day I see the political system letting down the people of this country; how decisions made in Westminster are making peopleís lives harder.

Whether thatís elderly people not receiving the care at home they deserve, putting huge strain on them and their family, or whether itís the people waiting longer in A&E or on trolleys because our National Health Service and social care system is at breaking point, despite the best efforts of the wonderful and dedicated staff.

Whether itís the homeless families who are being priced out of a housing market that only works for the few. This Christmas, 120,000 children didnít have a home to call their own. Thatís scandalous. And itís damaging those young peopleís formative years. Our children also need a first class education for everyone, not just for a privileged few.

As well as insecure housing there is massive insecurity at work too. Millions of people canít plan their lives because whether on temporary or zero hours contracts they donít know what job or what hours theyíll have from day to day, week to week or month to month. And for many, pay is so low that it doesnít make ends meet.

2016 will be defined in history by the referendum on our EU membership. People didnít trust politicians and they didnít trust the European Union.

I understand that. Iíve spent over 40 years in politics campaigning for a better way of doing things, standing up for people, taking on the establishment, and opposing decisions that would make us worse off.

We now have the chance to do things differently. To build an economy that invests and works for everyone across all our nations and regions.

Labour accepts and respects the result of the referendum. We wonít be blocking our leaving the European Union, but we wonít stand by.

Those in charge today have put the jobs market, housing, the NHS and social care in crisis. We canít let them mess this up. Itís about everyoneís future.

A Brexit that protects the bankers in the City and continues to give corporate handouts to the biggest companies is not good enough.

Labour was founded to stand up for people, and we founded the institutions that do that day in, and day out, like our NHS. We are the party that listens to you and makes Britain better. Letís do that, together, in 2017.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...0cnnf41ln89f6r
    "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it"

One of the best things about my job as Leader of the Labour Party is meeting some fantastic people all over the country.

Especially beneficial is sniffing the Shadow Home Secretary's minge....one of the benefits of my job..

Last edited by outreacher; 31-12-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    "You will be better advised to watch what we do instead of what we say"
    A. A. Milne

Support the Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by outreacher View Post

Especially beneficial is sniffing the Shadow Home Secretary's minge....one of the benefits of my job..
    Prick, and i mean that in the politest of ways.

Sounds great......
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Prick, and i mean that in the politest of ways.

Come on Raef, is that what his job is all about meeting fantastic people, one of the best things my ass, what a load of bollocks.

Nobody really takes him seriously, apart from you and McCluskey.
    A. A. Milne

Support the Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by outreacher View Post

Come on Raef, is that what his job is all about meeting fantastic people, one of the best things my ass, what a load of bollocks.

Nobody really takes him seriously, apart from you and McCluskey.
    Keep digging, what a crime that is actually wanting to meet and listen to what the people of the country want!

Keep digging.

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Keep digging, what a crime that is actually wanting to meet and listen to what the people of the country want!

Keep digging.
    Unfortunately for him, those fantastic people will not see him as PM, I take it those fantastic people are his supporters, which is relative.

I suppose when Monk says those fantastic people fans of Leeds, or when Jose says those fantastic people that support united means the same thing, I met some fantastic Corbyn supporters would be more to the point.
    A. A. Milne

Support the Revolution

How exactly can Brexit help bankers?

Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post
    How exactly can Brexit help bankers?
    Good point!
    A. A. Milne

Support the Revolution

Assistant Manager
    Another shit thread. Brexit is a massive threat to the UK banking sector.

Saying about how Bankers will benefit from something is a great way to get thick twats onside though.
    Last edited by Mr Loathsome; 31-12-2016 at 12:55 PM.
    Classic Grayson