Thread: Darts

Assistant Manager

Darts

I'm not sure if the lads on the BDO tour will have the nerve to show up to the Lakeside this year.

Barney lost heavily throwing the kind of average they could only dream of.

I dunno, I think there could be some 18 dart finishes this year....

I see even the BBC have decided to drop the BDO this year and if the BBC dont want to show it it must be crap!

on current form i'd back MVG to win today but Gary Anderson always seems to raise his game at Ally Pally

always feel the atmosphere at Darts comes across as one totally led by some sort of cheer leaders, it seems so false. Ive never been so I might be wrong but thats how it always comes across to me.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority it is time to pause and reflect."

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    always feel the atmosphere at Darts comes across as one totally led by some sort of cheer leaders, it seems so false. Ive never been so I might be wrong but thats how it always comes across to me.
    I've been, it's basically a giant piss up. No one even bothers watching the darts.

The only downside was it being in Blackpoo during summer time so full of pissed up scots!

On Twitter: @Cruyff_Des

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    I've been to the Ally Pally. To an extent you're right because everyone is pretty much just waiting for the music. Good laugh though.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
    I've been, it's basically a giant piss up. No one even bothers watching the darts.

The only downside was it being in Blackpoo during summer time so full of pissed up scots!
    You were at the back with the piss heads then! I went once in Sheffield, the people at the front were watching the darts but the rest were just having a big party. Loads in fancy dress etc.

Coaching Staff
    When I lived in London I went to the lakeside once and purfleet tavern once. Both good nights out but all about the booze rather than the darts. I also went to watch a star studded England team (Bristow, Lowe, George, Gregory etc) thrash Scotland at the guild hall in Preston one Sunday in the early 80s. Doors opened about 11.30 am The guild hall bar had run out of ale by about 1pm. Total booze fest. People were getting all sorts of cans and hip flasks out so had obviously come prepared. Experience, eh?
    You can't buy that.