Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Red Cross deployed to cope with NHS 'humanitarian crisis - Page 9
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Cross deployed to cope with NHS 'humanitarian crisis

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    and now this!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-38557843

The national debt is rising by the day yet our services are being cut massively so where exactly is this money going to Jake?
    It's all moving the deckchairs on the titanic. Apparently people don't care enough to seek an alternative approach (or perhaps they've fallen for the rhetoric which suggests this is the only way). Still, with the Brexit/jam tomorrow promises we will all be just fine eventually. What staggers me is that the electorate were warned this sort of public service would be trashed if the Tories were reelected, chose to ignore it and are now suffering the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Moyesie View Post
    If you looked at the NHS as a business you'd make it insolvent.

Headed by an incompetent with no experience
    Wasteful management
    Poor supply procurement
    A talent pool that's drying up
    Staff that are employed unhappy and in some cases striking
    SLA's not met
    Customers unhappy
    No plan for future

For me it's a rip up and start again job.

Unlike Phil I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you mean starting again as it was " originally intended "........
    Last edited by Liberation; 10-01-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    Vote For John Brown

Last edited by raefil; 10-01-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    "People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it"

Sat = Corbyn
    Sun = GPs
    Mon = Cold Weather
    Tues = Patients

today its the NHS chiefs fault

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it"

A shocking report of a meeting at a major NHS trust is being shared online - after workers were reportedly told the ongoing crisis in the health service meant their own loved ones would not receive adequate treatment if they fell ill.

The account, told to a BBC journalist by a senior clinician at a trust in the North of England, also said staff pleaded with a chief executive to go public with concerns over patient safety, but they were told that Prime Minister Theresa May “didn’t want any of this to get out”.

Shari Vahl told Radio 4’s You and Yours that the tale of the meeting was unlike anything she had heard in her 27 years as a journalist.

Advertisement
    - ADVERTISEMENT -

Dan Kitwood/PA Wire
    Staff were reportedly told that Prime Minister Theresa May “didn’t want any of this to get out” Vahl told the programme:

Well I’ve never heard words like this and I’ve been a journalist for 27 years. I’ve been told there was a meeting at one of these hospitals last Thursday.

About a hundred members of staff were there including consultants and nurses and department heads and union leaders.

They were told by the hospital chief executive that the average ambulance wait should have been eight minutes but they were actually 40 minutes for urgent things like chest pains.

And one man had a cardiac arrest and waited five hours on a trolley in A&E, that’s just at this hospital.

The trust had brought in extra beds even though there was no money to do it. And the staff were told it was the worst the trust had ever seen in its history.

They shut out patients, they considered cancelling cancer patient treatment for whom they couldn’t do it safely because of low staffing levels.

Unions were there because nurses were unhappy saying that the staff were being moved between departments and it left them feeling as if they were working unsafely.

If you or your family live here and make a 999 call, you are at serious risk of not receiving the treatment you would need.Reported words of a hospital chief executive
    Vahl continued:

And I’ve been told the hospital chief executive told the staff: “If you or your family live here and make a 999 call, you are at serious risk of not receiving the treatment you would need.”

And then it was suggested the chief executive of the hospital should go to the press. And the response was that they’d been given instructions that Theresa May, the prime minister, didn’t want any of this to get out.

Theresa May, the prime minister, didn’t want any of this to get out.Report of a meeting between doctors and a hospital chief executive
    Vahl added that another doctor at a separate trust had told her of similar concerns. She said:

I spoke to a senior clinician at another trust in the north west who has said it is worse than he’s ever seen it before in a 40-year career. Next week also will be worse again.

They have also brought in extra beds, they don’t have the money to do that, most hospitals are running what they call they have brought in what is called outliers.

This is where patients go into other wards that are outlying somewhere else in the hospital.

Those patients are at greater risk as they are seen less regularly it is more difficult to see them.

He said they need more capacity to cope.

The nursing staff are working full shifts and then being asked to work overtime.

Goodwill is running out, something has to give.

Vahl’s reporting is being shared by campaigners online who have described it as “truly horrifying”.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...D-282155617_uk
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.Albert Einstein

Youth Team
    BTW Will that pregnant bloke be using the NHS

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    Unlike Phil I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you mean starting again as it was " originally intended "........
    Exactly. When something is so broken sometimes you have to go back to the original idea and find a new way to achieve it.

Otherwise it will only get worse. Perhaps the NHS is something that is so sacrosanct that it should be run by a coalition of political parties and industry experts? Rather than just the ruling party.

Quote Originally Posted by Moyesie View Post
    Exactly. When something is so broken sometimes you have to go back to the original idea and find a new way to achieve it.

Otherwise it will only get worse. Perhaps the NHS is something that is so sacrosanct that it should be run by a coalition of political parties and industry experts? Rather than just the ruling party.
    Sounds like an excellent idea.......
    Vote For John Brown

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    Sounds like an excellent idea.......
    It does indeed. Along with education and transport, the NHS has been a political football for too long and it, and education and transport, deserve better treatment. Health is just a fucking joke at the moment. My wife had her annual eye test yesterday morning and they reckon she has a cataract that needs sorting. The wait for an NHS appointment to assess the eye around here is 18 weeks minimum. We have private insurance (yes hypocritical I know) and I rang the company yesterday afternoon and she has an appointment with an ophthalmic surgeon for an assessment on Friday afternoon.....I'm not suggesting that the NHS should be that swift, but there's a huge difference between 18 weeks and 72 hours

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    It does indeed. Along with education and transport, the NHS has been a political football for too long and it, and education and transport, deserve better treatment. Health is just a fucking joke at the moment. My wife had her annual eye test yesterday morning and they reckon she has a cataract that needs sorting. The wait for an NHS appointment to assess the eye around here is 18 weeks minimum. We have private insurance (yes hypocritical I know) and I rang the company yesterday afternoon and she has an appointment with an ophthalmic surgeon for an assessment on Friday afternoon.....I'm not suggesting that the NHS should be that swift, but there's a huge difference between 18 weeks and 72 hours
    Possibly the same one that would see her on the NHS in 18 weeks.......... And that's another thing that ticks me off..Conflict of interest ....don't get me started.

Imagine a cross party committee headed by industry experts running the integral stuff without a care in the world for politics? The Country may well be a better place for it........Moysie should patent that one.
    Vote For John Brown