Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virgin Trains - PNE

Youth Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Norts 1531 View Post
    They check your ticket once you're on the train, and when you leave the station of your destination. Never had one checked prior to getting on a train. I think your personal insult is entirely unfounded, and I would appreciate an apology at your earliest opportunity.

(Just mentioned this to the missus and she said that the exact same issue was being discussed on Rock FM this morning. Wouldn't be surprised to see the prices from Lancaster going up in the very near future.)
    Wasnt indicating that tickets are checked prior to getting on a train. However, Virgin trains frequently do check tickets at Preston before they allow you onto your departure platform. The whole point is that these fare anomalies should not be happening and PNE should do something about their partnership.

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by blackprince9 View Post
    Wasnt indicating that tickets are checked prior to getting on a train. However, Virgin trains frequently do check tickets at Preston before they allow you onto your departure platform. The whole point is that these fare anomalies should not be happening and PNE should do something about their partnership.
    If they're checking tickets on the ramp, go to the ticket machine and buy a 1 way ticket to Manchester for like 7.

Or avoid the main ramp down and use the subway.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Over the last few months virgin had started putting inspectors there too. They've been like the gestapo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Lol. You are right. Couldn't believe it when I saw a subway going to debenhams with nobody there and a bridge the other side with security, train staff and police.

Sent from my B5060 using Tapatalk