Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rest in Peace another North Ender

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by roofer32 View Post
    We sat in the 3 seats behind the entrance between blocks C and D. We have since the stand opened.
    Thanks. That is towards the Alan Kelly Town End, whereas my dad and myself were towards the Bill Shankly Kop in I think Block G. But we were still all there together at times. I know what it is like to lose a North End supporting mate. Long ago I carried the coffin of a friend who had only just got into his early 20s - so he has missed the last 40 years- and another old mate passed from this life just last year so I will maybe post something on him when the next Gentry Day comes along. But you have my condolences - as I said I know what it is like.

Manager
    no age at all

RIP

A good friend and stalwart Northender Warren Bamber sadly passed away tonight at Blackpool Victoria Hospital aged 50.

He occasionally posted on here as WAZMAN.

Anybody that had grown up in the Greenlands or Ribbleton area in the 70's and 80's might know him. His love of Punk, Rockabilly and of course PNE.

He went to live in Blackpool with his girlfriend in around 1990, but has been a regular season ticket holder with me on the TFS since the stand opened in 1996.

RIP Warren (Wazzy). You will be missed.
    Warren was my cousin but we hadn't seen each other for a good while - the last time was on PNE - I have just spoke to his sister Nicola and told her to go on this thread and read this nice post along with all the others - as a nipper he lived in Mill Street off Wellfield Road and then on to Pope Lane, Moor Nook and then to Brookfield and finally to Blackpool - like you say Roofer a big North Ender - R.I.P. Warren

In a village full of idiots who will never understand!
    Rip

Quote Originally Posted by ashtonwhite View Post
    Warren was my cousin but we hadn't seen each other for a good while - the last time was on PNE - I have just spoke to his sister Nicola and told her to go on this thread and read this nice post along with all the others - as a nipper he lived in Mill Street off Wellfield Road and then on to Pope Lane, Moor Nook and then to Brookfield and finally to Blackpool - like you say Roofer a big North Ender - R.I.P. Warren
    I feel your pain mate and if your at the funeral next week, please get Nik to introduce us.

Magic 204
    countries and all 48 USA + Alaska mainland states on the pirate band so far
    :- [B]Newest - 148 div Ascension Island

I feel your pain mate and if your at the funeral next week, please get Nik to introduce us.
    Check your pm's mate

Sorted mate.

Magic 204

I dedicate yesterdays Victory to Wazman.

I'm sure he smiled down on us for that victory. :-)

Magic 204