Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Striker values?

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by preach View Post
    Robinson 17 million
    Johnson 12 million
    Hugill 24 million ( although unproven)

As little as that?

I will be furious if any of them are allowed to leave for anything less than 30 million each.
    King Karl - The Blackpool F.C. Saviour

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    I agree Johnson is probably our most valuable asset - a midfielder who can score goals is usually highly sought after. Robinson- no where near a million quid yet. Pearson - priceless to us of course, but possibly at the moment near a million due to his lack of experience but I'm sure if we sold him, he would get moved on again to another club for massive money - we would defo have to insist on a 25 percent sell on fee if we sold him. Look what mk dons would get if dele Alli went to Real Madrid or PSG for 45 million.
    Opionions of course Harry, but if Lookman at 19 attracted 11m from Everton with his "lack of experience", and we got Bristol City to fork out .6m for Wright with only a few months left on his contract, I would be shocked if North End accepted "near a million" for Pearson especially as he has just signed a lengthy contract with PNE.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider bids for Pearson of less than 3m, and in today's ridiculous market, that could be conservative. Same with DJ, 3m would be my starting figure, and if Robinson is not worth at least if not more than 1m in today's market then I don't know who is in view of Rotherham apparently turning down 2m for Ward as an example.

If any clubs do come in for our better players, either they must pay the price or look elsewhere. I think TH may have a similar attitude when he looks back at how many players we have over paid for in past years such as Carter, Chaplow, Nichols, Mellor, Shumi-whatisname and Ashby as examples, and with very little return so far for an outlay of about 1.3m on May and Doyle for different reasons of course.

First Team
    Robinson 3 million
    Hugill 2 million
    DJ 4 million
    Cunningham 3 million
    Pearson 5 million

Personally think it's much easier to put a value on players at the end of a season rather than mid-way through, hence why it can be quite difficult for many clubs to do what they like in a January window.

I would say Johnson, Pearson and Cunningham are worth the most though.

Hugill's early season form was promising but his failure to finish easy chances tells me he isn't worth anything more than about 500k. If anyone offered 7 figures for him I'd snap their hands off.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgwick__7 View Post
    We bought May for 800 thousand. He hasn't even scored a goal yet for the club and has had a shocking injury, so I'm not sure how his value has increased in your opinion, especially with only 18 months left on his deal too.

I'd be shocked if anyone paid a penny for Beckford too.

Personally I think our most valuable assets aren't strikers. Johnson and Pearson probably are.
    Agree with all of this. Good post.

Substitute
    Grayson is the most valuable asset we have

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishtar36 View Post
    Robinson 3 million
    Hugill 2 million
    DJ 4 million
    Cunningham 3 million
    Pearson 5 million
    That is more like it as has been proven today with PNE rejecting a 1.5m bid from Ipswich. The numbers do appear to be high, but are reflective of today's market.

Not saying we would obtain those numbers, but it is what we should be asking if approached by other clubs.

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Albertan View Post
    That is more like it as has been proven today with PNE rejecting a 1.5m bid from Ipswich. The numbers do appear to be high, but are reflective of today's market.

Not saying we would obtain those numbers, but it is what we should be asking if approached by other clubs.
    Agreed. Just don't tell Norky, he'll ridicule you if you say Hugill is worth 2 million.

Assistant Manager MrHodgeheg123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dashrunner View Post
    Grayson is the most valuable asset we have
    Abso fucking lutely.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.