Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Meanwhile over in Austria

Quote Originally Posted by tete55 View Post
    If the women are oppressed and are forced to wear the face coverings, what actual freedoms will they get from a law banning the face cover? If anything the oppression will be worse, for the ones forced to wear them. They will become prisoners in their own homes because they will not be allowed out in the streets. While the ones that do choose to wear them and feel their freedom is being trampled on will be getting arrested for breaking the law by covering their faces. To me it is a lose lose situation and anyone claiming it will improve the lives of the women involved, don't seem to have thought through the bigger picture and it's implications for the women that are oppressed.
    I agree, but it needs stopping. If it continues to become even more accepted it will become more the norm. Sometimes you just have to grasp the nettle for the long term good.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Assistant Manager northender0602's Avatar
    for anyone who needs an insight, read Daughters of Shame by Jasvinder Sanghera (think this is the lady that founded Karma Nirvana) Or Princess, by Jean Sassons (Jean Sassons also did Mayada, Daughter of Iraq, which I have yet to read.) Eye openers.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    I'm not sure unhealthy is the right word tbh......
    I don't think it will make for a great country to live in

Quote Originally Posted by northender0602 View Post
    for anyone who needs an insight, read Daughters of Shame by Jasvinder Sanghera (think this is the lady that founded Karma Nirvana) Or Princess, by Jean Sassons (Jean Sassons also did Mayada, Daughter of Iraq, which I have yet to read.) Eye openers.
    Which way do the stories go.

Positive towards full covering?
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.