Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: Poor Attendance Response/Season Tickets etc...

Quote Originally Posted by norky84 View Post
    Someone on Twitter has done some research. 8 out of the top 10 sides in our league have announced season ticket prices for next year. 15 out of the top 20 sides have announced season ticket prices for next season. Proactive approaches from a lot of clubs in our league regarding next season, who still have a lot to play for this season. Yet we're one of a few clubs who have yet to announce anything. It's pretty poor from our club on this issue.
    Playing devils advocate are we backed into a corner with our promise of free STs for those who bought this season should we be promoted? Difficult to release prices when there is still a chance we could get promoted.
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes."

Mahatma Ghandhi

Coaching Staff
    I think the Rotherham game should be 10 adults and 1 for kids regardless of league position.

Announce the season ticket deal prior to the game and print brochures to hand to everyone who attends. Make it more interesting by having a draw at the game for free season tickets.

Get people involved through the summer with a weekly prize draw for season ticket holders for prizes such as shirts, a trip on the team bus, box for the day, a day at the training ground etc.

Arrange a kit launch for the city centre in the school holidays and build up to it with a media campaign.

Have an open day over the summer at Deepdale to meet the players etc

Try to build up a groundswell of positivity to try and increase sales. Set a target of say 10,000 season tickets, issue regular updates on social media and if it's reached mark it in some way.
    Last edited by Deepdale roar; 21-03-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Something the club my want to explore is sub-dividing the stands into smaller sections that reflect the price of the tickets to the view that you get.

Most other clubs do this from what I can see.

The end couple of blocks in each stand and the first 8 rows or so should surely be cheaper than bang mid-centre behind the goal? With the cheapest tickets being the very bottom corners in each stand.

Maybe season tickets could be offered in these areas for under 300?

Probably too much thought and effort required here though for this to even be considered....

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Playing devils advocate are we backed into a corner with our promise of free STs for those who bought this season should we be promoted? Difficult to release prices when there is still a chance we could get promoted.
    8 other sides in the top 10 have released their prices even with a chance of being promoted. Some who even have a better chance than ourselves. And to be honest, if we were promoted we could give away 10,000 free season tickets. The money lost would be small compared to income from tv rights.

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    If we get promoted then the price of the ST's becomes almost irrelevant. They need to issue them based on being in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdale roar View Post
    I think the Rotherham game should be 10 adults and 1 for kids regardless of league position.
    Can't do that, Alby says it will cost the club 16k to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by brownpj View Post
    Something the club my want to explore is sub-dividing the stands into smaller sections that reflect the price of the tickets to the view that you get.

Most other clubs do this from what I can see.

The end couple of blocks in each stand and the first 8 rows or so should surely be cheaper than bang mid-centre behind the goal? With the cheapest tickets being the very bottom corners in each stand.

Maybe season tickets could be offered in these areas for under 300?

Probably too much thought and effort required here though for this to even be considered....
    With the amount of spaces in the stands people would just buy tickets for the corners and then sit in better seats anyway. There are already premium seats for the side stands.

I had a quick look at the various official sites (I didn't dig down too deep into ancient news items, but I checked the main Ticket menus and the front pages - apologies if there are any errors, but I'm not spending tons of time on this), and I could find no 2017/18 ST information for Leeds or Huddersfield, while Sheff Wed did some Early Bird renewal sales at last season's prices (455, 555, 640) until March 6th, but they'll now be selling no more STs until the summer, with their summer prices not yet announced.

Along with us, that's 7 of the top 10 who have announced ST prices for next season. Maybe the Twitter researcher felt Sheff Wed had done enough to count.

Anyway - the main story is not that these clubs have announced prices, but what prices they've announced.

Out of those 7 in the top 10, you need to be a member to log on and see the prices at Newcastle ("price freeze from this season"), Brighton ("2% to 5% price increases") and Derby (price freeze until April 2nd), but Reading have announced Early Bird prices for ST renewals (only), priced 305, 350 and 420 until April 7th, thereafter they go up to 325, 375 and 450. New STs at Reading (not renewals) get no Early Bird prices and are more expensive still, at 345, 395 and 495.

Fulham announced a price freeze for Early Bird sales (until April 10th) at 254, 305, 382, 441, 501, 586 and 713, after which these tickets go up to 299, 359, 449, 519, 589, 689 and 839.

Norwich also announced Early Bird prices (until May 7th) of 585, 596 and 646. They haven't said what the post-Early Bird prices will be.

It's a similar story lower down the division: Aston Villa (Early Bird price freeze until April 7th, 370, 420, 500, 535 and 595, post-Early Bird prices not announced); Brentford (Early Bird price freeze until May 31st, 369, 389 and 449, after which prices will rise to 419, 439 and 499); Cardiff City (Early Bird prices until April 7th, 299, 369, 419 and 519, post-Early Bird prices not announced); Ipswich Town (Early Bird prices until April 17th, 423, 537, 564 and 674, after which prices will rise to 544, 661, 699 and 842); QPR (Early Bird price freeze until May 31st, 400, 465, 535 and 610, after which prices will rise to 430, 499 and 575 (610 ticket N/A after May 31st).

Bristol City are offering "season cards" until April 21st, with prices at 347, 372, 401, 431, 471 and 531.

Wolves are doing a scheme where some of the price might be refunded if they hit sales targets, but Early Bird prices until April 3rd are 345, 384, 405 and 464 (post-Early Bird prices not announced).

I didn't find any information for Barnsley, Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Burton Albion, Nottm Forest, Rotherham Utd or Wigan Athletic.

I notice no one's gone down the "200 season ticket" route so far - Huddersfield have yet to declare here too.

And the trend is clearly a "2016/17 price freeze" for a limited time, then the prices all go up - so I wouldn't be too surprised if that's what we do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thracia View Post
    I had a quick look at the various official sites (I didn't dig down too deep into ancient news items, but I checked the main Ticket menus and the front pages - apologies if there are any errors, but I'm not spending tons of time on this), and I could find no 2017/18 ST information for Leeds or Huddersfield, while Sheff Wed did some Early Bird renewal sales at last season's prices (455, 555, 640) until March 6th, but they'll now be selling no more STs until the summer, with their summer prices not yet announced.

Along with us, that's 7 of the top 10 who have announced ST prices for next season. Maybe the Twitter researcher felt Sheff Wed had done enough to count.

Anyway - the main story is not that these clubs have announced prices, but what prices they've announced.

Out of those 7 in the top 10, you need to be a member to log on and see the prices at Newcastle ("price freeze from this season"), Brighton ("2% to 5% price increases") and Derby (price freeze until April 2nd), but Reading have announced Early Bird prices for ST renewals (only), priced 305, 350 and 420 until April 7th, thereafter they go up to 325, 375 and 450. New STs at Reading (not renewals) get no Early Bird prices and are more expensive still, at 345, 395 and 495.

Fulham announced a price freeze for Early Bird sales (until April 10th) at 254, 305, 382, 441, 501, 586 and 713, after which these tickets go up to 299, 359, 449, 519, 589, 689 and 839.

Norwich also announced Early Bird prices (until May 7th) of 585, 596 and 646. They haven't said what the post-Early Bird prices will be.

It's a similar story lower down the division: Aston Villa (Early Bird price freeze until April 7th, 370, 420, 500, 535 and 595, post-Early Bird prices not announced); Brentford (Early Bird price freeze until May 31st, 369, 389 and 449, after which prices will rise to 419, 439 and 499); Cardiff City (Early Bird prices until April 7th, 299, 369, 419 and 519, post-Early Bird prices not announced); Ipswich Town (Early Bird prices until April 17th, 423, 537, 564 and 674, after which prices will rise to 544, 661, 699 and 842); QPR (Early Bird price freeze until May 31st, 400, 465, 535 and 610, after which prices will rise to 430, 499 and 575 (610 ticket N/A after May 31st).

Bristol City are offering "season cards" until April 21st, with prices at 347, 372, 401, 431, 471 and 531.

Wolves are doing a scheme where some of the price might be refunded if they hit sales targets, but Early Bird prices until April 3rd are 345, 384, 405 and 464 (post-Early Bird prices not announced).

I didn't find any information for Barnsley, Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Burton Albion, Nottm Forest, Rotherham Utd or Wigan Athletic.

I notice no one's gone down the "200 season ticket" route so far - Huddersfield have yet to declare here too.

And the trend is clearly a "2016/17 price freeze" for a limited time, then the prices all go up - so I wouldn't be too surprised if that's what we do too.
    Huddersfield waiting until April to announce theirs.
    http://www.htafc.com/news/article/20...8-3628429.aspx

Personally i think we will see a 2.5% increase across the board.

Also, Ambassadors will now have to pay full price won't they as they had their 50 reduction before this season?
    "I went to Blackpool once It was like walking through a Hieronymus Bosch painting. It was then that I decided to go home. God obviously cant see Blackpool. If he could, hed burn it". Miles Cross

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    Two clear weeks before two home games in four days. Would be absolute prime timing for a ticket initiative by PNE surely?
    I think this may be happening.. imminent

400 is less than 20 a game. It is actually 17-39 a game which is 2-61 below the much loved and much vaunted "Twentys Plenty" campaign. In real terms, it is likely to be 7-61 a game less than those who are non ST holders.

I presume that matchday prices (Town End where I attend) will go up by 1 so 23 games x 25 = 575, a saving of 175 or 7 free games. Now, for those that miss a few games a season, you are not really going to be out of pocket.

Too many people look at the lump figure (400) without breaking it down, piece by piece, as I have just illustrated. I am sure there are other savings that people can point out.

If you want cheap tickets, expect to see Jack King in midfield rather than Ben Pearson. Jeff Smith on the wing rather than Aiden McGeady. It really is that simple. I know which choice I prefer and will take.
    RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12