Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1116

Thread: Major League Baseball 2017

  1. #851
    Team Bus Driver Sid Snot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,581
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfartpants View Post
    Can't find that Sid......
    Apparently, it's the Jays (according to the news here) !! I was seeking confirmation from the expert in Rutland !
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER . Proud sponsor of the EMB.

  2. #852
    Manager
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dunmow
    Posts
    19,115
    Os battered As last night......7 runs in the first inning was never going to be helpful. Game this evening will probably go the way of the As.

  3. #853
    Assistant Manager LeePNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Valencia, California
    Posts
    4,044
    Dodgers year!

  4. #854
    Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    16,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    Apparently, it's the Jays (according to the news here) !! I was seeking confirmation from the expert in Rutland !
    Can't find it anywhere Sid...you're probably right and strangely enough I know that the As are pretty well near the top of walk-off wins in the major leagues.

    Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    Os battered As last night......7 runs in the first inning was never going to be helpful. Game this evening will probably go the way of the As.
    That first innings the other evening was awful - 7 runs and knocked out the starter, who has been our best pitcher thus far.

    Any road, Sceptic JC was correct, series tied 2-2 after a good drubbing of the Os last night!!

    Quote Originally Posted by LeePNE View Post
    Dodgers year!
    Well yes, providing they can do the post-season - perhaps they've peaked early?
    East Midlands Branch

  5. #855
    Team Bus Driver Sid Snot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,581
    The media here has jumped back on to the 'we can win a wild card' bandwagon. Four home games against the Rays starting tonight - let's review on Friday morning bearing in mind the Blue Jays less than successful, since 1998, matchups with them.
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER . Proud sponsor of the EMB.

  6. #856
    Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    16,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    The media here has jumped back on to the 'we can win a wild card' bandwagon. Four home games against the Rays starting tonight - let's review on Friday morning bearing in mind the Blue Jays less than successful, since 1998, matchups with them.
    I think you're still in with a very good shout Sid - Jays only 4 games off wildcard, Os 2.5, As 23,456.
    East Midlands Branch

  7. #857
    Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    16,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    The media here has jumped back on to the 'we can win a wild card' bandwagon. Four home games against the Rays starting tonight - let's review on Friday morning bearing in mind the Blue Jays less than successful, since 1998, matchups with them.
    I think you're still in with a very good shout Sid - Jays only 4 games off wildcard, Os 2.5, As 23,456.
    East Midlands Branch

  8. #858
    Team Bus Driver Sid Snot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,581
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfartpants View Post
    I think you're still in with a very good shout Sid - Jays only 4 games off wildcard, Os 2.5, As 23,456.
    (23,456 games out of a wild card spot - they were still in Philadelphia when the rot set in )

    Where there's life there's hope I suppose, John. I believe our stellar acquisition from the Twins (Tepesch - ERA 10.38) is scheduled for tomorrow night's start. Having 17 runs on the board at the end of the 1st might settle him down .
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER . Proud sponsor of the EMB.

  9. #859
    Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    16,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    (23,456 games out of a wild card spot - they were still in Philadelphia when the rot set in )

    Where there's life there's hope I suppose, John. I believe our stellar acquisition from the Twins (Tepesch - ERA 10.38) is scheduled for tomorrow night's start. Having 17 runs on the board at the end of the 1st might settle him down .
    The Jay's management do understand that the lower the ERA, the better? Not the other way round?
    East Midlands Branch

  10. #860
    Manager
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dunmow
    Posts
    19,115
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfartpants View Post
    Can't find it anywhere Sid...you're probably right and strangely enough I know that the As are pretty well near the top of walk-off wins in the major leagues.



    That first innings the other evening was awful - 7 runs and knocked out the starter, who has been our best pitcher thus far.

    Any road, Sceptic JC was correct, series tied 2-2 after a good drubbing of the Os last night!!



    Well yes, providing they can do the post-season - perhaps they've peaked early?
    Im happy with a 2-2 series away (given our dire form on the road)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •