Page 21 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1109

Thread: Major League Baseball 2017

  1. #201
    Youth Team Saskwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The flattest place on earth
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfartpants View Post
    I just can't get into hockey - seems so one-dimensional.
    To be honest it's not my favourite sport. But as a Canadian you're kinda forced into liking it. Curling, on the other hand, is my game.

  2. #202
    Team Bus Driver Sid Snot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskwhite View Post
    Incredible. Jays won 3-0. I think the only way they'll win is by shutting the opposition out. They'll only score one run anyways.
    Absolutely! Two Red Sox errors helped a lot !
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER . Proud sponsor of the EMB.

  3. #203
    Team Bus Driver Sid Snot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,305
    Jays lose 4-1 in 10 innings. Batting sucks. Relief pitching sucks. Bautista hitting .109.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER . Proud sponsor of the EMB.

  4. #204
    Youth Team Saskwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The flattest place on earth
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    Jays lose 4-1 in 10 innings. Batting sucks. Relief pitching sucks. Bautista hitting .109.
    Good thing the jays only have him on a one year deal. Shrewd negotiating in hindsight. But he still has time to turn it around hopefully.

  5. #205
    Team Bus Driver Sid Snot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskwhite View Post
    Good thing the jays only have him on a one year deal. Shrewd negotiating in hindsight. But he still has time to turn it around hopefully.
    Yes he does; and I hope he does but I get this feeling that he's done. A couple of injuries last season hasn't helped him either.

    If things haven't improve significantly by mid-July it'll be major rebuild time (a la Leafs). I'd start any rebuild by giving the GM (Shapiro) a free transfer.
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER . Proud sponsor of the EMB.

  6. #206
    Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    16,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    Jays lose 4-1 in 10 innings. Batting sucks. Relief pitching sucks. Bautista hitting .109.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    I also notice that the top 3 in your division have over .600 records. I'm not taking the piss here Sid, but is that because they've taken all the wins against the Blue Jays - I don't know who's played who in that league.

    We're on a 3 game win streak - now .500.
    East Midlands Branch

  7. #207
    Manager
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dunmow
    Posts
    18,255
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfartpants View Post
    I also notice that the top 3 in your division have over .600 records. I'm not taking the piss here Sid, but is that because they've taken all the wins against the Blue Jays - I don't know who's played who in that league.

    We're on a 3 game win streak - now .500.
    The Os are 10-4. 5 of the wins (and 1 loss) are from games against the Jays.

  8. #208
    Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    16,192
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    The Os are 10-4. 5 of the wins (and 1 loss) are from games against the Jays.
    Damn, wish the Jays were in the A's division.
    East Midlands Branch

  9. #209
    Team Bus Driver Sid Snot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,305
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfartpants View Post
    I also notice that the top 3 in your division have over .600 records. I'm not taking the piss here Sid, but is that because they've taken all the wins against the Blue Jays - I don't know who's played who in that league.

    We're on a 3 game win streak - now .500.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    The Os are 10-4. 5 of the wins (and 1 loss) are from games against the Jays.
    American League East - toughest division in all of baseball.

    (Being a totally crap team doesn't help the cause much )
    Last edited by Sid Snot; 21-04-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER . Proud sponsor of the EMB.

  10. #210
    Youth Team Saskwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The flattest place on earth
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    American League East - toughest division in all of baseball.

    (Being a totally crap team doesn't help the cause much )
    Yes it is true. The Yankees and sox always got money to burn and the orioles are pretty good. And for some reason Toronto is the only team Tampa can beat most of the time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •