Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Tipping Thread

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEFC! View Post
    First one cantered all the way to the last ANNOYING!

Agree a very good horse, when I looked it was 15/8 and I could touch it at that price. Rivet has been a very decent animal, poor last time out but will be there or there abouts at 4/1.
    Jeepers, how crap was that!!

Even my 15 win double on Victory Angel and Brando hasnt covered my loss on War Decree. My biggest bet of the year and it runs a shocker. 125 well spent..... Bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by PNE Plungy View Post

Even my 15 win double on Victory Angel and Brando hasnt covered my loss on War Decree. My biggest bet of the year and it runs a shocker. 125 well spent..... Bollox.
    I've had a bit of a stinker, last horse rescued me so near enough back to were I was.

125 is a serious gamble! Would never go that high on a horse! Bigger balls than me!

I've had a bit of a stinker, last horse rescued me so near enough back to were I was.

125 is a serious gamble! Would never go that high on a horse! Bigger balls than me!

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

That was my biggest bet since Yanworth at the festival last year (180 which also lost!!).

Thought it was going to be my day after picking up 105 for the earlier double.

It's a proper confidence knocker though when you look through the form, decide a horse has a race sewn up and then laying down your dough. Only then to watch it trail home sixth of seven. Grrrrrrrr........

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by healey View Post
    Why would you need to be lucky? It's just playing through the bonuses/free bets by backing/laying and essentially turning them into real cash for a small price
    The only issue is getting restricted by the bookies - either in terms of only being allowed small stakes or restricted from bonuses or free bets. It is getting harder, so if you're thinking about doing it I'd do it soon and shout if you have any questions. The obvious way of making ongoing money is ITV racing and big televised football.

I've done sign ups before for all the major books and if you're doing it strictly you can make a few hundred from the sign ups. However, I use the free bets as a way of having a free gamble rather than matching them, so I get the odd big win rather than a regular supply of a smaller amount from matching the freebies.

First Team

War Decree's out of a colt called War Front who for the most parts 2 year olds have cracking seasons, but don't seem to train on as 3 year olds. Happened to Air Force Blue, another one of Aiden OBriens last season.

Punchestown Festival, the second to last decent jumps meeting, only Sandown left before flat racing takes over properly for the summer. Won't be till October/November we see top jumps race horses again.

Not had a day off work for so long so not been in any horses really, probably saved me a fortune. Again don't really have time to study them today so just an easy lucky 15 and 20 on one single which is a tip.

4.25 - Yarmouth - Wurood - 11/8 - 20 single.

5.30 - Punchestown - Un De Sceaux - Evens
    6.40 - Punchestown - Anibale Fly - 4/1
    7.15 - Punchestown - Stooshie - 5/1

With my single above also making up the last leg in my lucky 15. Nothing in their I can say for certain will win, a very difficult day of racing to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Punchestown Festival, the second to last decent jumps meeting, only Sandown left before flat racing takes over properly for the summer. Won't be till October/November we see top jumps race horses again.

Not had a day off work for so long so not been in any horses really, probably saved me a fortune. Again don't really have time to study them today so just an easy lucky 15 and 20 on one single which is a tip.

With my single above also making up the last leg in my lucky 15. Nothing in their I can say for certain will win, a very difficult day of racing to judge.
    Had my pants down today, not one winner. Have a rare night off tonight so can spend a little longer looking into the form ready for tomorrow's racing. Can't be much worse than today.

Had my pants down today, not one winner. Have a rare night off tonight so can spend a little longer looking into the form ready for tomorrow's racing. Can't be much worse than today.
    Few of them came second, do you never cover them with a insure or place bet DJ?

I normally insure all my bets so I get my money back if they place.

First Team

Difficult day yesterday IMO.

Disko claimed a little back for me.

Today's picks:

4:20 - Minella Til Dawn - 3/1
    4:55 - Presenting Percy - 5/2
    5:30 - Sizing John - 1/1
    6:05 - Fayonagh - 2/1

Depending on how they go, a little on:

6:40 - Polidam - 10/3