Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Buying a new forum

Nice thought Alex. Doesn't connect for me though.

I don't want this thread to lose momentum. We obviously need to have some credible group of people to get behind any new initiative... whether it be yours or sofa's pneonline.net or whoever... it needs a groundswell of any willing current mods - even billymac if he's been to finishing school since he was last a regular on here ... something that connects the future to the past.

This forum will surely, at some stage, fall over or become too insecure... then we'll be just floundering in the dark, lose contact with each other and the whole thing would probably just die in the ensuing chaos.

Sofa... is it reasonably possible to set up the new forum in such a way that the old data could(from a technical viewpoint) be moved across at a later date - or maybe stored in an accessible archive at a later date?

I'm thinking that the best way to go, if we cannot contact Dai Vader, is to bring the new forum to life... but maybe retain the possibility that we might be able to upload the old stuff if it ever became available... maybe that would help ease the disappointment of leaving the old stuff behind and help get the momentum moving.

Assistant Manager
    Surely someone can contact the owner? Seems a bit of a waste starting a new one too hastily. There's no real signs that anything's getting worse on here. It's just not been fixed properly. I doubt the owner really just doesn't care.
    Classic Grayson

Reserve Team
    Ah ok thats strange not sure why it wouldn't connect https://the-gentry.org seems to work fine on all browsers ive tried, god knows. Like i said I've not got the technical expertise that sofa has but not too bad. I just set it up as an alternative in case this one falls down again. A few from here i have signed up, and if anybody of the mods from here want to sign up, if you just message me with your email ill send you an invite for moderator access.

Reserve Team
    Had a read and if you could get a copy of this forums database then we could easily import it into a discourse based forum.
    All the infos here https://meta.discourse.org/t/importi...lletin-4/54881
    Guess the only person with access to the database may be dai vader though.