Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279
Results 2,781 to 2,784 of 2784

Thread: I Like Corbyn, But.....

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
    Some 'big hitters' missing of this list :

When Westminster’s 650 MPs were awarded a 7,000 pay rise, 65 of them pledged to donate it to charity. But just a few months later, only 25 MPs appear to have stuck to their word. MPs were awarded a controversial 10 per cent pay increase, effective from July, which pushed their salary up from 67,000 to 74,000. At the same time, public sector salaries were capped at a one per cent increase, and the government is pushing through major cuts to families’ tax credits.

Labour Andy Sloughter Neil Coyle Conor McGinn Gisela Stuart Gloria del Piero Ivan Lewis Jack Dromery Jo Cox Vernon Coaker Yvette Cooper Conservative Andrew Percy Andrew Stephenson David Mowat Dominic Raab Jason McCartney Kevin Foster Maria Caulfield Nicky Morgan Paul Maynard Richard Fuller Chris White Nicola Blackwood Lib Dems Nick Clegg Tim Farron Green Caroline Lucas
    I'm guessing this isn't bang up to date news, given that at least one on that list retired at the last election

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    I'm guessing this isn't bang up to date news, given that at least one on that list retired at the last election
    Yeh, bit out of date but just thought I would bring it into the domain in case anybody had any doubts about just how self serving 'most' MP's across all parties are.

And a quick count up shows more nasty tories giving to charity that the Labour luvvies.

Bit surprised not see the Islington elite on there tbh .....
    There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
    Yeh, bit out of date but just thought I would bring it into the domain in case anybody had any doubts about just how self serving 'most' MP's across all parties are.

And a quick count up shows more nasty tories giving to charity that the Labour luvvies.

Bit surprised not see the Islington elite on there tbh .....
    I've taken the trouble to trace back the article where it also mentions that there are 18 unnamed MPs donating their pay rise to charity. However, the general point about hypocrisy is well made and not simply applicable to one party

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    I've taken the trouble to trace back the article where it also mentions that there are 18 unnamed MPs donating their pay rise to charity. However, the general point about hypocrisy is well made and not simply applicable to one party
    Thanks fella
    There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.