Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Grayson to Boro?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Szacsky View Post
    And you can bet yer bottom dollar he'd be back for Pearson, we'd have a seriously pissed off squad if he went.
    Thats what happens unfortunately - it is the way of the world !

Quote Originally Posted by iamaternenthat_ View Post
    moyes rep has been shot to shit last few years. he looks exhausted and shocked every time i see him on tv.

that said.... i thought he would leave Sunderland end of season and was worried that if Leeds binned Monk, Larry might go as at least Leeds had actually kept a man for a whole season....

still very much plausible Moyes might end up here.

not saying it would work or be the right move for us......

sunderland signings were woeful. spent a fair bit on lads who didm't feature, then got januzaj, love and a few everton hasbeens..... not very inspiring in the market.
    You have just shattered my vision, 'Dithering Dave' comes to mind, lets stick with Larry...
    "You will be better advised to watch what we do instead of what we say"
    A. A. Milne

Support the Revolution

Assistant Manager
    Just caught up with one of the football writers I know. He understands Boro are very interested in Gary Monk.

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Szacsky View Post
    This is not good, if he's been fucked over with a small transfer pot then I can see mileage in this rumour that he's taken PNE as far as he can and its time to move on, lets face it, its not the first time we've heard this.
    Sincerely hope Trevor dumps him a few million to keep him interested but I'm not holding my breath.
    Shitting it now!
    The fact that we are purposely in for McGeady suggests that Trevor is prepared to back the manager in the transfer market. I also get the impression that Grayson has bought into the project for the long term with the way he speaks at forums, he's building a good young squad, and there is a new training ground planned so there is a long term vision that will allow us to challenge at the top end of the table. Grayson also knows about the pitfalls of moving on to 'bigger' club after being sacked by Leeds when they were 7th in the league. Ultimately money talks and it would be Grayson's choice to leave, personally I would like to see him stay, but feel that the structure of the club is robust and we would be able to attract another good ambitious young manager if he was to leave.
    Last edited by Town_ender; 19-05-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Assistant Manager northender1881's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    Just caught up with one of the football writers I know. He understands Boro are very interested in Gary Monk.
    I'd like that.

- Keeps Grayson here.
    - Scuppers Leeds of a good manager.

Thumbs up from me.
    ''Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.''
    Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by northender1881 View Post
    I'd like that.

- Keeps Grayson here.
    - Scuppers Leeds of a good manager.

Thumbs up from me.
    Unless Leeds come in for Grayson again......
    Leftbackdarton - 6th July 2017 - "I would hand on heart much rather go to Deepdale than Bloomfield Road."

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    As much as he's ballsed up since Everton...........I'd happily see Grayson move on to Boro if Moyes made a return here....
    Nah, Moyes is used to big budgets now and he'd struggle even with Trev's donations. I'd rather have Monk who I thought did well at Swansea but got sacked anyway. But I rather Simon than either Moyes or Monk.

My prediction is that if/when Grayson leaves eventually, Steve Thompson will become our manager.

He's said in the past he wants to manage eventually, he's a popular figure not just in our dressing room but throughout the game, and he knows the club/squad and how it all works at PNE.

Quote Originally Posted by kbd_pne View Post
    My prediction is that if/when Grayson leaves eventually, Steve Thompson will become our manager.

He's said in the past he wants to manage eventually, he's a popular figure not just in our dressing room but throughout the game, and he knows the club/squad and how it all works at PNE.
    Good shout.
    "It's like the War of.... Game of.....War of nutrition" - Simon Grayson

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by pnenycx View Post
    Nah, Moyes is used to big budgets now and he'd struggle even with Trev's donations. I'd rather have Monk who I thought did well at Swansea but got sacked anyway. But I rather Simon than either Moyes or Monk.
    I'd argue the opposite. Moyes did very well at PNE with limited budget and was known for shrewdness at Everton (look at Seamus Coleman). His downfall began when he was give these big budgets at united. If (big if, I'm not sure I'd want him back) he came back to PNE I'd expect to see a return to the old Moyes. That really is what he needs to do, go to a small championship club and rebuild his career and reputation.