Page 208 of 283 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2825

Thread: Time to start thinking about Brexit again

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    Brazenly ripping off tax payers from across europe isnt big and it isn't clever - rather like the frog faced liar Farage
    Talking about ripping off tax payers.. http://www.richardmilton.net/have-th...ed-off-or-not/

Funny how all these allegations seem aimed solely at opponents of the EU..

Marta Andreason, who in 2002 was appointed the EU’s first Chief Accountant, the director responsible for budget execution and the EU’s accounting officer.

From the start, Andreasen was critical of the EU’s accounting system for being open to fraud, criticisms she raised with her superior but to no effect. She voiced her doubts to Commissioner Michaele Schreyer and the Commission President Romano Prodi, and when she got no reply approached members of the EU Parliament’s Budget Control Committee.

Because of her doubts, she refused to sign off the 2001 European Commission accounts and went public with her concerns. She suffered a similar fate to Paul van Buitenen before her, and was sacked for speaking out (“failure to show sufficient loyalty and respect”.) In reality she was fired for refusing to sign the account and embarrassing the Commission by letting the cat out of the bag about the extent of fraud.

A series of other EU officials tried to blow the whistle on the fraud and corruption of their colleagues and all received similar treatment, Dorte Schmidt-Brown, Robert Dougal Watt and Robert McCoy. Their cases are detailed below.

At this point, in 2002, EU officials realised that they could no longer conceal or ignore the extent of fraud and corruption in the EU budget and that they must act to try to restore public confidence in the EU’s financial affairs. So they did what most large bureaucratic organisations do in these circumstances. When you cannot change the facts, you change the way the facts are presented. So the EU turned to public relations to solve their problem.
    Last edited by sliper; 13-09-2017 at 06:43 PM.
    If you pay to watch the Premier League on TV.. you are part of the problem !

(Raef loves Kim Jong Un)

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by sliper View Post
    Talking about ripping off tax payers.. http://www.richardmilton.net/have-th...ed-off-or-not/

Funny how all these allegations seem aimed solely at opponents of the EU..
    I'm sure you'd be very sympathetic to any of your employees who claimed their salaries and expenses and barely bothered to turn up.........

I'm sure you'd be very sympathetic to any of your employees who claimed their salaries and expenses and barely bothered to turn up.........
    If I had someone ripping off the business for huge sums that threaten the existence of the business I'd generally be more concerned to stamp that out first.. the question is has the employee broken the rules ?

I wouldn't suggest for one moment that more sympathetic to the EU MEP's might have similar records.. and Farage is simply being targeted because he is anti EU.
    Last edited by sliper; 13-09-2017 at 06:56 PM.

(Raef loves Kim Jong Un)

Manager
    If I had someone ripping off the business for huge sums that threaten the existence of the business I'd generally be more concerned to stamp that out first.. the question is has the employee broken the rules ?

I wouldn't suggest for one moment that more sympathetic to the EU MEP's might have similar records.. and Farage is simply being targeted because he is anti EU.
    Nigel has the second worst record in the entire EU parliament for turning up for votes.....well done Nige

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...iament-8302643

Nigel has the second worst record in the entire EU parliament for turning up for votes.....well done Nige

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...iament-8302643
    Do MEP's have to turn up at the European Parliament to be doing "politics" ? You couldn't exactly say Farage is low profile when it comes to expressing his opinions and appearing on TV. I'm sure UKIP voters think they get "good value" from Farage's public appearances and general level of exposure.

It's not like he has much interest in developing EU legislation on for example "the import of Noodles" when he is committed to leaving..

But lets ignore consistent evidence of endemic corruption and fraud within the European Union and focus at length on our political opponents record of appearances in a Parliament that he is planning to leave.. .
    Last edited by sliper; 13-09-2017 at 07:27 PM.

(Raef loves Kim Jong Un)

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    Not sure I believe in friends or enemies either Sepp,(unless I've made them myself or know them personally).........

More especially when I'm told who they should be or who they are by the media...In fact the alarm bells usually ring when this happens..
    If you wrap some tin foil round your head you will not hear the bells. You know who is behind it all don't you?

Manager
    Do MEP's have to turn up at the European Parliament to be doing "politics" ? You couldn't exactly say Farage is low profile when it comes to expressing his opinions and appearing on TV. I'm sure UKIP voters think they get "good value" from Farage's public appearances and general level of exposure.

It's not like he has much interest in developing EU legislation on for example "the import of Noodles" when he is committed to leaving..

But lets ignore consistent evidence of endemic corruption and fraud within the European Union and focus at length on our political opponents record of appearances in a Parliament that he is planning to leave.. .
    I was discussing that scumbag Farage. His attendance is a key issue. He has been elected to represent all his constituents (Leave and remain alike). His job is to attend parliament. He has consistently failed to do his job as an elected representative. It isn't rocket science is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Waltz View Post
    You know who is behind it all don't you?
    Me.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Can't get him off Russia Today.

UKIP is finished and are about to elect a neo nazi as leader. The Tory Party is finished, when May goes which clown is going to replace her? Johnson, unlikely. Gove, nah. Leadsom, not this time either. The weird one with a beard, to much scandal. Rees-Mogg, please. Pneonline's resident clown Charlie Cairoli and his wacko mate would be a better bet.
    It's possible Farage could still be caught up in the Trump investigation.
    It's not over Tory.

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    I can see what you are saying but think for a moment....We've already got a bent Parliament with a ridiculously unfair carving up of seats..regular boundary changes to advantage the current occupiers..compulsive liars infesting the House...flip flopping MP's that I wouldn't trust ( and neither should you ) if they told me the earth was round....manifestos that aren't fit to wipe our arses on..and so on and so forth..

The list of their indiscretions is endless and blatant... and in many, many cases out here in the real world would be illegal and see them banged up but they remain "protected" by laws they've dreamed up themselves usually........................ And you want people to panic over some legislation that they would ride roughshod over ( or circumvent ) if necessary anyway?.............I really wouldn't bother my friend because it's not worth the effort...

PS...There are powers at work that want to stop Brexit or at least make it fail.... I'm not quite convinced which they are yet but they'll surface before long because they'll become very obvious...
    I don't disagree with you, I just think if you look at history and every time a little liberty is removed, by the time people see the problem it is too late and it never ends well.