Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Open Championship 2017 - Royal Birkdale

The Open Championship 2017 - Royal Birkdale

Will anyone be going to Birkdale for The Open this year?

I am going down this Sunday for the first practice day.

Who does everyone fancy?
    Leftbackdarton - 6th July 2017 - "I would hand on heart much rather go to Deepdale than Bloomfield Road."

Coaching Staff
    I've got tickets for Thursday and Friday. Should be an interesting one as none of the top players have shown much consistency of late. I always enjoy seeing an underdog win it, but I'd also like to see one of, Lee Westwood, Justin Rose, Luke Donald or Sergio Garcia lifting the jug!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I've got tickets for Thursday and Friday. Should be an interesting one as none of the top players have shown much consistency of late. I always enjoy seeing an underdog win it, but I'd also like to see one of, Lee Westwood, Justin Rose, Luke Donald or Sergio Garcia lifting the jug!
    I would have absolutely no issue with any of these chaps winning the claret jug. Sadly, i think Westy may end up like Colin Montgomerie and fail to win that elusive major.
    Leftbackdarton - 6th July 2017 - "I would hand on heart much rather go to Deepdale than Bloomfield Road."

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Lawyer View Post
    I would have absolutely no issue with any of these chaps winning the claret jug. Sadly, i think Westy may end up like Colin Montgomerie and fail to win that elusive major.
    It's certainly looking that way. It's such a shame because he's been so close on more than one occasion!

It's certainly looking that way. It's such a shame because he's been so close on more than one occasion!
    Indeed. He just can't putt!

Sadly, it's a trait i share with him!

Has Luke Donald qualified?

Quote Originally Posted by tom23 View Post
    Has Luke Donald qualified?
    Not yet. Needs to do well in Scotland this weekend to claim one of the last spots remaining. McDowell is another who hasn't yet qualified.

Darren Clarke has withdrawn from the Scottish Open with a knee injury so could likely miss next week at Birkdale.

Hard to guess who might win this one. Four of us going down on Saturday. Luckily we are in hospitality area, overlooking 1st and 18th Holes. It's going to be a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapland White View Post
    Hard to guess who might win this one. Four of us going down on Saturday. Luckily we are in hospitality area, overlooking 1st and 18th Holes. It's going to be a long day.
    You will enjoy it.

Had the pleasure of going yesterday. It's a wonderful set up. Great viewing positions all round the course which makes it ideal for spectators.

Genuinely don't have a clue who will win. I would put my money on players who plot their way round. Justin Rose, Adam Scott or even Sergio who is in great form. It's incredibly tight. The rough is a bitch too and the sand look devilish yesterday.

I don't fancy Rory, although famous last words.......

I will be cheering him on though as i managed to get his autograph yesterday. He was a pleasure and spent lots of time signing autographs and having pictures with people. I didn't think he would be so generous with his time. Full credit to him.