Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regardless

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    If anything needs reporting, then use the Report Button.

Unless you tell us, then we are in the dark at times.

I have no idea who the person is that WLD is referring towards nor the thread(s) in question.

It is a shame when people stay away. It really shouldn't be like this. End of the day, different views aside, we all want the same result come the 90th minute.
    Agree totally Jack. I did report the said individual for certain offensive comments because he crossed the line but I would never report anyone for opinions - and neither should anyone.

It always strikes me as strange that on the main part of the forum some think it's ok to abuse and name call for different opinions yet go to (for example) the cricket threads it's amiable whatever opinions are.

Quote Originally Posted by wld View Post
    Agree totally Jack. I did report the said individual for certain offensive comments because he crossed the line but I would never report anyone for opinions - and neither should anyone.

It always strikes me as strange that on the main part of the forum some think it's ok to abuse and name call for different opinions yet go to (for example) the cricket threads it's amiable whatever opinions are.
    That's why I tend to stick to the news,section. Politics and news should be rowdy. Supporting the same team for me is about clubbing together.

Jesus I'm soft.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    If anything needs reporting, then use the Report Button.

Unless you tell us, then we are in the dark at times.

I have no idea who the person is that WLD is referring towards nor the thread(s) in question.

It is a shame when people stay away. It really shouldn't be like this. End of the day, different views aside, we all want the same result come the 90th minute.
    It is a shame,but there are always idiots on social media, so if someone wants to take part, then that's part of the deal, except of course, where things become offensive, for which there is no excuse - something which I don't think this forum manages well. I've said that on several occasions and no doubt will continue to do so in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by wld View Post
    Easy to believe. There's one particular sanctimonious poster who I know stopped a couple of people posting and made me less likely to post on the football section. Putting him on ignore didn't help because he was omnipresent and doing so would make you lose the flow of the thread. And then he started with his abhorrent views and language about disability.

Life's too short to get upset or angry about such people, so easier and better to stay away.
    I agree completely with what you say Jack, but I would add that I've reported one person for offensive posting and not had any comeback from the mods about whether anything was done about it. I think it would help if mods acknowledged reported posts.
    East Midlands Branch

Quote Originally Posted by jcfartpants View Post
    It is a shame,but there are always idiots on social media, so if someone wants to take part, then that's part of the deal, except of course, where things become offensive, for which there is no excuse - something which I don't think this forum manages well. I've said that on several occasions and no doubt will continue to do so in the future.

I agree completely with what you say Jack, but I would add that I've reported one person for offensive posting and not had any comeback from the mods about whether anything was done about it. I think it would help if mods acknowledged reported posts.
    Was it me you reported JC?

Ooh, I hope it was me
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    Was it me you reported JC?

Ooh, I hope it was me
    Yes it was you, but on your old Vernon's boots account.
    dp/1853677280 Th
    Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Quote Originally Posted by preach View Post
    Yes it was you, but on your old Vernon's boots account.
    Thanks for clearing that up Preach.