Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Job advice

Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    Only just spotted this update Gaz - good luck !!
    Cheers. Think I may have got my hopes up a little too much as my colleague has 'talked it down'. Apparently they took the vacancies down from their website (quicker than they put them up it seems) and now she's saying they might not hold interviews and "re-jig" their staff around instead.
    Bit miffed to say the least but still going to pass my CV & cover letter over - no harm in that I suppose.

My team leader at work (also a mate) is going to help me a little to see if I can polish up my cover letter a bit and then just see what happens from there.

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    1. Any chance that these dates could be pushed back a couple of weeks? Better not to manipulate the truth with your current employer than with a prospective employer. Are you a certainty to get this alternative position? It is your future after all and the bottom line is that you have to look after number one. If you're not certain to get the alternative position how much are you willing to gamble?

2. None that won't come back and bite you in the arse.

3. Definitely not. Knowledge is power. The less they know the better.
    Thanks for replying Sid,

On the job advert they set out clear guidance on the timescale. i.e. 'If successful at application stage you will be invited to attend an assessment centre, Assessment Centre will be week commencing 25th September, you need to attend one of those dates, shortlisting commences on the 2nd - 6th October, if criteria is met you will then be invited for an interview on week commencing 23rd Oct'.
    I also didn't want to gamble booking a weeks annual leave on the basis I may have got through the application stage.

No certainty whatsoever on getting this job but it's far more relevant to my professional background and qualifications than my current role.
    I'm bored of this! I'm going for a twix

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    Thanks for replying Sid,

On the job advert they set out clear guidance on the timescale. i.e. 'If successful at application stage you will be invited to attend an assessment centre, Assessment Centre will be week commencing 25th September, you need to attend one of those dates, shortlisting commences on the 2nd - 6th October, if criteria is met you will then be invited for an interview on week commencing 23rd Oct'.
    I also didn't want to gamble booking a weeks annual leave on the basis I may have got through the application stage.

No certainty whatsoever on getting this job but it's far more relevant to my professional background and qualifications than my current role.
    You have a real dilemma Claudius. I wish you all the best navigating through those waters; by the same token I believe you will make the right decisions. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    You have a real dilemma Claudius. I wish you all the best navigating through those waters; by the same token I believe you will make the right decisions. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Told the line manager I'd ballsed up the dates of a long weekend and I'm not arriving back until late afternoon on the Monday. Just waiting for their approval.
    I'm bored of this! I'm going for a twix

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    Told the line manager I'd ballsed up the dates of a long weekend and I'm not arriving back until late afternoon on the Monday. Just waiting for their approval.
    That tells them absolutely nothing.
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER