Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two games, Two clean sheets and four points?

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by beejaylee View Post
    Great result today but we have yet to score in open play in the league.
    Not conceded either and considering the defence was considered by many to be a major concern at 3pm last Saturday that's a distinct bonus. Goals will come. We need extra cover in central midfield without doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by beejaylee View Post
    Great result today but we have yet to score in open play in the league.
    +1
    53 Miles West of Venus.

Substitute
    If 9 players hadn't been rested on Tuesday would they have still managed to hold on for the last 35 minutes?

Can this be the magic season, North End always slow starters.....great start, well done team PNE.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by volley View Post
    If 9 players hadn't been rested on Tuesday would they have still managed to hold on for the last 35 minutes?
    That question to .............

EuroPNE

Great post as per, JK.

Frustrated with Pearson as he's arguably our most influential player. But a great point in the end and it seems Neil is implementing his ways quite well. Elland Road sounded noisy on Radio Lancs at the start; not so much at the end!

Can't wait for Derby now. Would love a result there. Stick Harrop in there for Pearson and go for it.

Assistant Manager
    Definitely a good start, which I wasn't expecting looking at our defence on paper. Alex Neil deserves credit for shoring up our back line after a defensively shambolic end to last season, and he's only been able to bring in one defender as of yet.

I'm still not entirely convinced that Huntington/Spurr are a long-term option as a pairing at the back, but they are reliable/steady enough and experienced, and the ideal stop-gap pairing until we find the right central defender to bring in, which seems to be taking a while.

I'm presuming this is going to be a loan, which I wouldn't mind because once Clarke is back, there is a risk of us being top-loaded with central defenders on quite long, permanent contracts, when you factor in Boyle and Davies too.

Central midfield is still a bit of a concern for me. I wanted another one bringing in over the summer because I thought beyond Pearson the cover isn't good enough. As that hasn't happened, I do worry about how we'll cope at Derby on Tuesday with him banned. Again, I wouldn't mind a loan deal being done in this position.

Great start. One complaint - not ANs fault - squad large in number but paper thin in quality. Lazy Grayson signings.
    First 16 very decent.
    Leyton Orient 0 - 1 Preston North End
    Enter one Joe Garner
    Best away 2013-14

Transfer Target
    I fancy you to come in the top six at least as you play some good stuff and are hard to beat. You also have some decent players and a manager who has done it. Win home and draw away gets you promoted so it's a very good start. I doubt you will lose many and you will win enough away games to compensate. It's got to be your turn sometime out of the Lancashire teams.

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    For sure but somehow it feels albeit after the event that there were three points for us today?
    Yes and no. Generally competed well in first half but leeds looked more likely to score. We were the better side in the second before the red and after that we have Maxwell to thank for some good saves. Then could have nicked it on the break twice towards the end.
    Recommended ignore list: 05simpsonm, bsk4ever, Hans Asperges, PNE4LIFE, preach, billymac