+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In solitary: the anti social experiment

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Iv'e had a rough time. I work in a family business, and my dad retired only to die from cancer 6 months later. He was supposed to still cover my holidays, but alas I can only have a week off at a time if I'm lucky.

I have had a good offer to sell my business, but I don't trust them.

I'm 50 years old and don't know what to do.

What would you do?
    It's impossible to say without knowing more of your personal circumstances. Sometimes the absence of working and social interaction can make depression worse , but there is a danger of running the business down and losing any value in it if your personal life problems stray in to your business life.

To be honest I'm not good on the personal / medical side but if you wanted to PM me about the offer you have had to sell, I have plenty of experience and knowledge in buying and selling businesses and could give it the once over and offer you some tips on how to protect yourself from people you don't trust should you decide to go down that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    That is true! Although hurling abuse in the general direction of Nobber and Raefil is good stress relief
    I agree
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    44 and a half thousand posts later and who has a tendancy to skitz when pressurised by verbal bullies................... Sorry Nobs..I tried but just couldn't resist.. )))))
    Fuck off

Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Iv'e had a rough time. I work in a family business, and my dad retired only to die from cancer 6 months later. He was supposed to still cover my holidays, but alas I can only have a week off at a time if I'm lucky.

I have had a good offer to sell my business, but I don't trust them.

I'm 50 years old and don't know what to do.

What would you do?
    i think it would be a struggle for none to advise on such limited info. No one within the family you can talk to?

I'm a fairly regular poster on here, and I have been taking anti depressants for 10 months now.

Can't see this changing in the foreseeable future.

Discuss.
    I took anti depressants for a very long time. Never thought I would be free of them. Tried a few times but need up back on them. Then one day it just felt right to move on. Look at it another way, does it matter that you take them if they help?

Preachs PA
    I'm a fairly regular poster on here, and I have been taking anti depressants for 10 months now.

Can't see this changing in the foreseeable future.

Discuss.
    People need to do what they need to do. No one has a life that matches someone else's. Do what makes you happy, not what you think is right. For now though, take the pills they serve a purpose for many.

Whatever you do though. Don't think you are alone or can't talk. There is always another way and always someone who will listen if you reach out

Quote Originally Posted by jakehake View Post
    People need to do what they need to do. No one has a life that matches someone else's. Do what makes you happy, not what you think is right. For now though, take the pills they serve a purpose for many.

Whatever you do though. Don't think you are alone or can't talk. There is always another way and always someone who will listen if you reach out
    Well said.

I think the best thing to remember is that it's not just yourself feeling this way. Loads of people do. My GP once told me one in three of his patients were taking anti depressants. So there's a third out there in the same boat.

Talk about it, if not to immediate friends/family on here, anonymous. There's always others who know and understand how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    Well said.

I think the best thing to remember is that it's not just yourself feeling this way. Loads of people do. My GP once told me one in three of his patients were taking anti depressants. So there's a third out there in the same boat.

Talk about it, if not to immediate friends/family on here, anonymous. There's always others who know and understand how you feel.

Genuine question.............I can really see and understand the benefits of " opening up " and it's marvelous that there are people around that are prepared to listen and help................ but what if you are an introvert sort of person ? Perhaps naturally or as a consequence of your illness. I can also see some people really struggling with this although what the alternative is I really don't know.....
    Vote For John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    Genuine question.............I can really see and understand the benefits of " opening up " and it's marvelous that there are people around that are prepared to listen and help................ but what if you are an introvert sort of person ? Perhaps naturally or as a consequence of your illness. I can also see some people really struggling with this although what the alternative is I really don't know.....
    I suppose that's why places like this are so good. You can open up about anything and still remain anonymous. If you can't talk to people face to face then ask a question here. Or send a pm to someone who has had a similar time.

It does help.

+ Reply to Thread