Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ben Stokes arrested after Police Incident

Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    Surely it sends out the wrong message if they "reward" his behaviour by taking him on the Ashes tour - nothing to do with political correctness Worthy
    There you go, that's my point. We don't even know the whole story. But people don't want to send out the wrong message. Like I say political correctness may not have been the correct term. But this is how we treat people these days. if there's enough of a fuss on social media then they're screwed, even if someone did try to wrap a bottle around their head.

Nice One.
    “He was world famous but he never won a championship medal or an FA Cup winner’s medal. He won something much more important: the hearts of his team-mates, the supporters, opposing players even and of the whole country.” - Jimmy Armfield

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    There you go, that's my point. We don't even know the whole story. But people don't want to send out the wrong message. Like I say political correctness may not have been the correct term. But this is how we treat people these days. if there's enough of a fuss on social media then they're screwed, even if someone did try to wrap a bottle around their head.

Nice One.
    What we do know is that a) he was arrested and b) he has been released under investigation. Until that investigation is completed, it doesn't seem unreasonable to keep his place on tour under review.

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    What we do know is that a) he was arrested and b) he has been released under investigation. Until that investigation is completed, it doesn't seem unreasonable to keep his place on tour under review.
    If the BBC is to be believed they don't seem to be saying under review though.

Whatever way you dress it up, this is punishment before being found guilty.

"England all-rounder Ben Stokes will be withdrawn from the Ashes squad if he remains under police investigation when the tour to Australia begins.
    The Test vice-captain, 26, was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm following an incident outside a Bristol nightclub on 25 September.
    Police have put no timescale on the inquiry and such cases can take months to be resolved."

Nice One.
    “He was world famous but he never won a championship medal or an FA Cup winner’s medal. He won something much more important: the hearts of his team-mates, the supporters, opposing players even and of the whole country.” - Jimmy Armfield

Ben Stokes: England all-rounder apologises to Katie Price over video

Ben Stokes has apologised to Katie Price and her disabled son Harvey for a video that showed the England player imitating a TV clip of the youngster.The apology came on the same day Stokes lost personal sponsor New Balance following his recent arrest over an incident near a Bristol nightclub.
    The video emerged following his arrest in September. TV personality Price has called Stokes’ behaviour “disgusting”.
    “I foolishly attempted to copy the clip,” Stokes tweeted on Wednesday.
    “I should never have done this and I am so sorry.”
    The 26-year-old England all-rounder and Test vice-captain added: “It was absolutely not my intention to offend Harvey, Katie or anybody else.
    “I have written to both Harvey and Katie to say sorry and prior to this offered to meet in person at the end of last month with a view to also getting behind their petition about online bullying. I do hope I can put this right.”
    It never rains but it pours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliper
    I'm a Corbynite now

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    It never rains but it pours!
    First class cricketer, doing a passable impression of a second class human....such a shame

Assistant Manager
    He's getting married this weekend isn't he?

Gotta think all this has rather taken the gloss of it.