Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

World mental health day
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World mental health day

World mental health day

Just sayin
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Glad you said so, the Tories answer to the crisis in mental health care appears to have been addressed by Liam fox

so it appears instead of highly trained and qualified staff the mentally ill are going to be cared for by volunteers whove had the princely sum of 15 quid spent on their training!!

who actually votes for this shower of shite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliper
    I'm a Corbynite now

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Glad you said so, the Tories answer to the crisis in mental health care appears to have been addressed by Liam fox

so it appears instead of highly trained and qualified staff the mentally ill are going to be cared for by volunteers whove had the princely sum of 15 quid spent on their training!!

who actually votes for this shower of shite?
    I agree with your sentiment, however
    some of these highly trained and qualified staff
    can be gormless at best, sadistic at worst.

imo common sense is more productive in many cases.
    The main ingredient for success is genuine concern.
    Last edited by Hitchhiker; 11-10-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchhiker View Post
    I agree with your sentiment, however
    some of these highly trained and qualified staff
    can be gormless at best, sadistic at worst.

imo common sense is more productive in many cases.
    The main ingredient for success is genuine concern.
    An interesting article from a ex-PNE player:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...sion-interview

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    An interesting article from a ex-PNE player:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...sion-interview
    It just confirms being a pro footballer doesn't guarantee happiness

Fortunately it seems he has some decent help:

Kirkland says that he would like to get into counselling to help those affected by mental health problems and there is no doubt that his own sessions with a woman in south Manchester – facilitated by Bennett and the PFA – have changed his life.

“She has worked wonders,” Kirkland says. “I saw her at least once a week at first and now, I’m at once every two or three weeks. She’s given me coping mechanisms, such as breathing techniques, because I struggle a lot with anxiety; I still do. It’s an ongoing process but I now know that I can and will get through it.”

Unfortunately football fans arn't always the most patient.

Top bullshitting once again.
    I'm a Corbynite now

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchhiker View Post
    It just confirms being a pro footballer doesn't guarantee happiness

Fortunately it seems he has some decent help:

Kirkland says that he would like to get into counselling to help those affected by mental health problems and there is no doubt that his own sessions with a woman in south Manchester – facilitated by Bennett and the PFA – have changed his life.

“She has worked wonders,” Kirkland says. “I saw her at least once a week at first and now, I’m at once every two or three weeks. She’s given me coping mechanisms, such as breathing techniques, because I struggle a lot with anxiety; I still do. It’s an ongoing process but I now know that I can and will get through it.”

Unfortunately football fans arn't always the most patient.
    We are not - that is true.

It's very easy to say that pro-footballers shouldn't be depressed because they have money and nothing to worry about (a ridiculous argument) - I can imagine that having the eyes of thousands on you ready to criticise every mistake is terrifying if you are having anxiety/depression. Glad that he seems to be getting through it.

Preachs PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    We are not - that is true.

It's very easy to say that pro-footballers shouldn't be depressed because they have money and nothing to worry about (a ridiculous argument) - I can imagine that having the eyes of thousands on you ready to criticise every mistake is terrifying if you are having anxiety/depression. Glad that he seems to be getting through it.
    Quite agree. Read a lot of accounts in last few days across people from various walks of life and incomes and amongst them all, your place and wealth in society isn’t a factor. This “disease”can catch everyone . Something that lots of people miss

And some still dont recognise that its an illness like any other. Hence my feeling appalled at the govts answer to use "Well meaning," people rather than professionally trained people to treat them. If someone has a kidney problem they arent sent to "Well meaning," people theyre sent to fully trained and well paid professionals. Were still massively on catch up with this one.
    I'm a Corbynite now

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    And some still dont recognise that its an illness like any other. Hence my feeling appalled at the govts answer to use "Well meaning," people rather than professionally trained people to treat them. If someone has a kidney problem they arent sent to "Well meaning," people theyre sent to fully trained and well paid professionals. Were still massively on catch up with this one.
    Agreed - there are many superb volunteers who give up their time and give great support to people with mental health problems and with addictions, but they should work alongside professionals, not replace them.

+ Reply to Thread