Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Woods or Vermijl?

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Like most on here it's definitely a no brainier for me and AN has been keeping him sweet with enough game time to warrant him starting on Saturday. Verm is ok to fill in here and there but before his injury Woods in my opinion was the most improved player in season 2015/16 and one of the best full-backs in the Championship for me. Gutted he got injured pre-season when he had such a cracking season in the Championship.
    +1

Solid tackle on him, not slow, decent in the air and two-footed... IMO was a big miss last season.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Like most on here it's definitely a no brainier for me and AN has been keeping him sweet with enough game time to warrant him starting on Saturday. Verm is ok to fill in here and there but before his injury Woods in my opinion was the most improved player in season 2015/16 and one of the best full-backs in the Championship for me. Gutted he got injured pre-season when he had such a cracking season in the Championship.
    It was a huge blow and unbalanced us for most of last season. We started the season with no right back at all then all the stop gaps like Vermijl, Baptiste and Browning were all too injury prone.