Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Alex Neil a candidate for the Scotland job?

Is Alex Neil a candidate for the Scotland job?

Strachan Sacked........
    Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

http://jrpneblog.tumblr.com/

Reserve Team
    I would suspect he still to young and hungry to stop the day to day running of a club for international management with large periods of not working with the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdy_ View Post
    I would suspect he still to young and hungry to stop the day to day running of a club for international management with large periods of not working with the players.
    Yes I agree but 20 years of failure suggests the Scottish FA need to do something different.
    Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

http://jrpneblog.tumblr.com/

Coaching Staff
    David Moyes once told me when he was just starting at North End that his ambition was one day to become Scotland manager. A more likely candidate maybe?

Manager
    I thinks he's very much on their radar - whether he wants it is another matter.

No chance, it's freezing up there, plus he's probably used to the pies around here now.
    dp/1853677280 Th
    Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Quote Originally Posted by chorleythehord View Post
    David Moyes once told me when he was just starting at North End that his ambition was one day to become Scotland manager. A more likely candidate maybe?
    It might be his best chance of a revival and his football soul back.......There can't be much of it left.
    Vote For John Brown

First Team
    Alex Neil 20/1 with Sky Bet. Moyesie 7/4, Malky Mackay 7/2 and Paul Lambert 9/2 are the favourites. Darren and Alex Ferguson both at 33's. One name I didn't see quoted in the betting, Wee Billy Krankie.
    Last edited by janiejones; 12-10-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: quoted wrong odds

Assistant Manager
    No.

Neil is the only Scottish manager now managing in the top 2 tiers in England.

I see Moyes has said he would be interested. I'm sure this is not the career path he had in mind the day he walked into Old Trafford. It was probably Man Utd for 5 years, Celtic for a few and then Scotland before he packed in.