Page 153 of 171 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1706

Thread: Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    And that has changed - remember a while back where they often led with PMQs and delighted in skewering Corbyn.

My take on it is that I think he may be right to leave it to Starmer - if he goes in too hard, there is the risk that the Tories will deflect all the blame for their problems Brexit onto him, as they have in the past. Things like accusing him of undermining the UK's position etc. He has to appease remainers and leave voters alike - as May has found, that can be a tricky balancing act!
    He was abject yesterday. I watched in the hope that he would wipe the floor with May and was sadly disappointed. Yesterday was a golden opportunity to forensically dissect the utterly dishonest approach taken by Davis and the farcical DUP situation. Instead he was as robust as a stick of limp celery.....I was very disheartened I have to say. The Guardian verdict was the same as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    He was abject yesterday. I watched in the hope that he would wipe the floor with May and was sadly disappointed. Yesterday was a golden opportunity to forensically dissect the utterly dishonest approach taken by Davis and the farcical DUP situation. Instead he was as robust as a stick of limp celery.....I was very disheartened I have to say. The Guardian verdict was the same as mine.
    Was going to catch up on it but might not bother now!

What I am trying to ask is how damaging will it be to him if it has not really been reported, because most people judge PMQ through the media lens? That's something I can only go by according to the online press and TV news, so I really don't have the full picture. The BBC reports we saw focused only on May's weaknesses rather than Corbyn's, hence my questions

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    Was going to catch up on it but might not bother now!

What I am trying to ask is how damaging will it be to him if it has not really been reported, because most people judge PMQ through the media lens? That's something I can only go by according to the online press and TV news, so I really don't have the full picture. The BBC reports we saw focused only on May's weaknesses rather than Corbyn's, hence my questions
    I dont think it will damage him particularly because, as you say, the press majored elsewhere. I speak as a supporter who is disappointed that our star striker failed to put away a series of open goals!

Glad it wasn't just me who saw it like that.

Nice One.
    “He was world famous but he never won a championship medal or an FA Cup winner’s medal. He won something much more important: the hearts of his team-mates, the supporters, opposing players even and of the whole country.” - Jimmy Armfield

I dont think it will damage him particularly because, as you say, the press majored elsewhere. I speak as a supporter who is disappointed that our star striker failed to put away a series of open goals!
    Let's hope for an improvement - the government is definitely teetering at the moment

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by europne View Post
    Voting out was a stupid venture into the unknown, putting labour into power would just show the rest of the world what a chaotic little country we have now turned into.

Is there a decent leader to be found anywhere in Parliament regardless of party???

We are a country of Minions, we need a leader.
    Modern politics and politicians wear the mask of democracy , purporting to represent the wishes of the people they represent.

This is pure theatre.

They are mere puppets , marionettes and front line mouthpieces for other bodies. Be that the Unions, big business, lobbyists, action groups, environmentalists, global corporations , blah , blah. In effect , those groups who have their own agenda to achieve their goals whether financial or otherwise. Oh they ll flower it up as true representation of course , but the more enlightened in society have seen through this high end game of charades.

And yet , we are conditioned to follow party politics, we have to wear the teams colours, often when we disagree with the line up and tactics .... sometimes we support another team just so our rivals will fall, blind to the failing of our own " side".

Don't think someone will emerge as a true political statesperson, they wont be allowed to, natural progress is controlled and diverted as necessary.

I get what youre saying Mat but there are those who honestly believe that Farage is that politcal statesperson, wheras myself and others just think hes an opportunist twat.

I believe that corbyn is that Statesperson whereas you think hes a twat

Its how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    I get what youre saying Mat but there are those who honestly believe that Farage is that politcal statesperson, wheras myself and others just think hes an opportunist twat.

Its how it works.
    Whereas everyone agrees that Gove is a twat

snigger

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post

Its how it works.

I don't think Corbyn is a twat at all- Im sure hes a nice chap , I don't think he fit to lead the country, as is May,Abbott, McDonnell, Gove , Johnson, Farage et all...... or indeed anyone else in the frame.

Either way it doesn't matter cos they aren't in control anyway.