Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

The money would be handy

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by flippinheck View Post
    What a stupid comparison. There are plenty that have been attacked and generally defeated . If you are happy for us to giver up our deterrent and significantly increase the chance of being attacked then so be it.
    I would prefer to rely on what has worked for us since 1945.
    It was a question, not a comparison, but thank you for responding in such a charming manner. Yes I am happy to stop wasting money on Trident and you cannot prove that such a move would lead to nuclear Armageddon. Btw, who are you worried about?

What a stupid comparison. There are plenty that have been attacked and generally defeated . If you are happy for us to giver up our deterrent and significantly increase the chance of being attacked then so be it.
    I would prefer to rely on what has worked for us since 1945.
    sounds good to me, I think its now called the EU

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    sounds good to me, I think its now called the EU
    1945 was a good year to start the eu..........
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchhiker View Post
    The money would be handy
    Thanks to mismanagement of the economy by the Tories over last 7 and a bit years, I don’t think it matters much how much we end up paying the EU, we’ll still be in heaps of debt.

Apart from the obvious, what’s the real difference between say 890 billion and 900 billion?

What we do need though is cash flow which means trade, and we can’t afford to disadvantage ourselves in one of the 3 biggest markets in the world, especially considering it’s over half of our current export market.

And don’t forget, trade and exports means jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post
    Thanks to mismanagement of the economy by the Tories over last 7 and a bit years, I don’t think it matters much how much we end up paying the EU, we’ll still be in heaps of debt.

Apart from the obvious, what’s the real difference between say 890 billion and 900 billion?

What we do need though is cash flow which means trade, and we can’t afford to disadvantage ourselves in one of the 3 biggest markets in the world, especially considering it’s over half of our current export market.

I think we were talking about Trident

Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post

It doesn't matter how much we pay them?

We throw billions at them for nowt and that's ok?

Jesus you're desperate.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    Who is going to attack us with nuclear weapons?
    With a bit of luck nobody or we could hit them back...... Mind you that loony in N Korea might not worry too much about that........ Seriously, I have mixed feelings on this one. Maybe keeping older nukes as a deterent rather than the shiny zillion pound nukes that " Harrods Would Sell You " might be a better option/compromise..
    Vote For John Brown

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    With a bit of luck nobody or we could hit them back...... Mind you that loony in N Korea might not worry too much about that........ Seriously, I have mixed feelings on this one. Maybe keeping older nukes as a deterent rather than the shiny zillion pound nukes that " Harrods Would Sell You " might be a better option/compromise..
    Any of the "rogue states" like N Korea. aren't going to be bothered much about whether we have them or not when going through the who shall we attack discussions. The fact that we don't actually have a truly independent deterrent and rely on the USA for delivery capability, doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy either.