Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: England v Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    TBF, Rashford and Sterling have both been brought in as teenagers in recent years so its not completely alien, although they were playing regularly for their clubs. The issue is that can we realistically see Foden getting a fair crack at Man City over the next couple of years. Which brings us into another area of debate.
    Another reason why I mentioned Foden, he has been getting rave reviews from Pep himself, so if this carries through, I think we will see him around the City 1st team in the next 12/18 months.

Assistant Manager
    I like how our defence is moving on now. Cahill and Jagielka have been good players for their clubs over the years but consistently play poorly in tournaments. Joe Gomez was great in the recent friendlies, Stones is turning into a top defender under Pep, Harry Maguire has looked solid for England and Phil Jones looks to be finally fulfilling his huge potential under Mourinho (just have to hope he stays fit). Just a shame Michael Keane's move to Everton isn't quite working out yet.

Our full back options of Walker, Trippier, Rose and Bertrand are very impressive too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_The_Man View Post
    Another reason why I mentioned Foden, he has been getting rave reviews from Pep himself, so if this carries through, I think we will see him around the City 1st team in the next 12/18 months.
    Apparently they reckon he could be in their team before the end of the season, hence why he's not gone out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgwick__7 View Post
    I like how our defence is moving on now. Cahill and Jagielka have been good players for their clubs over the years but consistently play poorly in tournaments. Joe Gomez was great in the recent friendlies, Stones is turning into a top defender under Pep, Harry Maguire has looked solid for England and Phil Jones looks to be finally fulfilling his huge potential under Mourinho (just have to hope he stays fit). Just a shame Michael Keane's move to Everton isn't quite working out yet.

Our full back options of Walker, Trippier, Rose and Bertrand are very impressive too.

Apparently they reckon he could be in their team before the end of the season, hence why he's not gone out on loan.

I’ve always thought Jones has suffered because of his own ability since joining United in that because he’s so versatile he’s been used as a utility man to get Fergie, Moyes and LVG out of the shit when they had injury problems all across the back or in the middle. Now he’s being played consistently in his preferred position we’re seeing the player he really is. Happy for the lad.
    “To dictate the pace and course of a game, a player has to be blessed with awesome qualities. Those who have accomplished it on a regular basis can be counted on the fingers of one hand – Pelé, Maradona, Best, Di Stefano, and Tom Finney.”