Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SKYQ Deals....

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    If it's ok, can I plough mine?

My contract is up for renewal this month and, shamefully, I have been positively supine for the 18 years or so that I have had Sky. I have never done anything other than let it roll over, with the price going up each year. You lot have made me think about seeing what I can get out of them....tyvm guys.
    I'm sure that Martin Lewis fella has done polls and surveys and Sky are always one of the best to haggle with. If you bell them they'll make you an offer I would think, but I wouldn't accept their first offer. It helps to be nice to them though! It depends what you want, I don't mind making a yearly call to save a bit but I know some people probably aren't that bothered.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    I'm sure that Martin Lewis fella has done polls and surveys and Sky are always one of the best to haggle with. If you bell them they'll make you an offer I would think, but I wouldn't accept their first offer. It helps to be nice to them though! It depends what you want, I don't mind making a yearly call to save a bit but I know some people probably aren't that bothered.
    I'm just too idle I guess which is odd because I haggle over car insurance, house insurance etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Clearly tino and I have different strategies to get to the same net result, allegedly the cancel strategy is known to sky, they will react but do note your request on their system. If you are an annual canceller then they mark your card.
    But
    Tino has had joy here and you aren't an annual canceller so possibly a good strategy
    Conversely the "I want to stay loyal but simply cannot afford it" or " "why don't I get joining offers" can pay off

What they really want is your contract which by the way like has happened with mobiles is now over 12 months. 18 in fact and I imagine 24 is imminent

So whatever you elect to do you are stuck for that duration - think about upgrading your hardware to sky q for example. After 18 years you will get free installation

When negotiating don't tell them what you want to pay but do advise of your viewing preferences. They know them anyhow through big brother !! Expect to pay circa 30% less but before you ring tap sky vip in Google and sign up as has previously been advised
    Don't sign up to any sky sports deal in the football or cricket season or movies at Christmas. Just sign up to a standard package. Then add movies or sports when you see an extra deal such as June after the season ends

Phew

Hope this helps

Good luck
    Last edited by edgy; 05-12-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    Clearly tino and I have different strategies to get to the same net result, allegedly the cancel strategy is known to sky, they will react but do note your request on their system. If you are an annual canceller then they mark your card.
    But
    Tino has had joy here and you aren't an annual canceller so possibly a good strategy
    Conversely the "I want to stay loyal but simply cannot afford it" or " "why don't I get joining offers" can pay off

What they really want is your contract which by the way like has happened with mobiles is now over 12 months. 18 in fact and I imagine 24 is imminent

So whatever you elect to do you are stuck for that duration - think about upgrading your hardware to sky q for example. After 18 years you will get free installation

When negotiating don't tell them what you want to pay but do advise of your viewing preferences. They know them anyhow through big brother !! Expect to pay circa 30% less but before you ring tap sky vip in Google and sign up as has previously been advised
    Don't sign up to any sky sports deal in the football or cricket season or movies at Christmas. Just sign up to a standard package. Then add movies or sports when you see an extra deal such as June after the season ends

Phew

Hope this helps

Good luck
    Cheers!

Similar subject
    Has anyone had any joy ref mobile phone contracts regarding haggling ?
    They really do all now seem to be much of a muchness ?

Well worth negotiating on those Edgy especially if youre one that receives a lot more calls than you make. Companies make more s on incoming calls to mobiles than they do on outgoing.

I have two Sky plus HD Boxes. To upgrade to Sky Q, do you not have to have a super dooper broadband speed. I'm on BT uninfinity, but I'm not convinced.

Older box is on its last legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhagwan H View Post
    I have two Sky plus HD Boxes. To upgrade to Sky Q, do you not have to have a super dooper broadband speed. I'm on BT uninfinity, but I'm not convinced.

Older box is on its last legs.
    I might be wrong but I think you need Sky BB to be able to use Sky Q.