Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Plot to kill our PM... and Prince George too?

  1. #41
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
    Court cases on the same day: Plots to kill our prime minister and separately (potentially) our future king

    I know these stories have made the news - but amazed that the coverage has been so downbeat. Take a moment to take these in. Especially the planned Downing Street attack. Should be getting wall to wall coverage. It was mentioned that 9 credible Islamist terrorplots have been stopped this year.

    Have we just got so used to these threats? Not even got a mention on this forum - I'm sure they would a few months ago. Todays court cases:


    Naa'imur Zakariyah Rahman, 20, from north London, planned to detonate a homemade bomb and attack the PM with a suicide vest and a knife.

    Mohammad Aqib Imran, 21, from Birmingham, who is accused is charged with preparing acts of terrorism.

    Husnain Rashid, 31, is accused of creating Telegram "channels" to assist terrorists by providing guides, tips, and suggested targets for attacks - including sharing details of Prince George's school. That's a four-year-old boy.
    Calm down. We're British. The usual idea is to carry on regardless and don't feed their infamy. Or would you rather have 24 hr coverage and get everyone hiding under the covers.

  2. #42
    ANARCHIST Nobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    never been in the clink
    Posts
    45,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    There was the guitar incident...
    Don't even go there.....
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

  3. #43
    Manager
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dunmow
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    Don't even go there.....
    Did you enjoy Olga the masseuse/weightlifter and her healing hands

  4. #44
    Coaching Staff Sepp Blatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sparta, Greece
    Posts
    3,951
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    Did you enjoy Olga the masseuse/weightlifter and her healing hands
    We were just talking about nude athletes on another thread - such synergy

  5. #45
    Manager
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dunmow
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    We were just talking about nude athletes on another thread - such synergy
    Perves of a feather flock together I hear....

  6. #46
    Coaching Staff Sepp Blatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sparta, Greece
    Posts
    3,951
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    Perves of a feather flock together I hear....
    You're the one with the pampas grass outside your house, Essex

  7. #47
    Manager Regardless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,148
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Or are we all getting a little cynical at the timing of these, "Threats?"
    This thread seems to have gone off track a bit... it started with some people calling you an unacceptable name, but for sure, you deserve a rebuke.

    You accuse others of using foul means to divert people's attention. But (as so often) you've done it yourself here. Well, if it's not deliberate misdirection, it's crass stupidity.

    The police arrested the Lancashire bloke on 22nd November. They arrested the alleged Downing Street plotter(s?) on 28th November. And they happened to appear in court on the same day.... hence it made the news.

    Are you seriously suggesting that the arrests of these three men were choreographed a couple of weeks back to provide a smoke-screen this week?

    And your use of inverted commas to highlight "Threats" suggests you think they're a convenient invention.

    I'm not surprised you provoke an irate reaction.

  8. #48
    Manager
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dunmow
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
    This thread seems to have gone off track a bit... it started with some people calling you an unacceptable name, but for sure, you deserve a rebuke.

    You accuse others of using foul means to divert people's attention. But (as so often) you've done it yourself here. Well, if it's not deliberate misdirection, it's crass stupidity.

    The police arrested the Lancashire bloke on 22nd November. They arrested the alleged Downing Street plotter(s?) on 28th November. And they happened to appear in court on the same day.... hence it made the news.

    Are you seriously suggesting that the arrests of these three men were choreographed a couple of weeks back to provide a smoke-screen this week?

    And your use of inverted commas to highlight "Threats" suggests you think they're a convenient invention.

    I'm not surprised you provoke an irate reaction.
    I'm sure all three of these characters are nasty pieces of work. However, the hyperbole regarding Prince George's school is unbelievable. It's not like the name and location of his school aren't already in the public domain. Im sure even terrorists dont have to rely upon the suggestions of a clown on social media and Im sure it isnt very helpful for the Express etc to repeat the threats alongside pictures of the prince and the name of his school. Im not defending the madman in court, nor am I subscribing to the idea that it's all a put up job to divert attention away from the shambolic government. I am suggesting that a sense of perspective never goes amiss.

  9. #49
    Manager Regardless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,148
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    I'm sure all three of these characters are nasty pieces of work. However, the hyperbole regarding Prince George's school is unbelievable. It's not like the name and location of his school aren't already in the public domain. Im sure even terrorists dont have to rely upon the suggestions of a clown on social media and Im sure it isnt very helpful for the Express etc to repeat the threats alongside pictures of the prince and the name of his school. Im not defending the madman in court, nor am I subscribing to the idea that it's all a put up job to divert attention away from the shambolic government. I am suggesting that a sense of perspective never goes amiss.
    You're right in that the latter one appears much less threatening than the Downing Street allegations... but maybe this is another example of how we've become accustomed to the Islamist terrorist threat.

    Just because some other people are even more extreme should not diminish the shock and horror at someone propagating the idea of harming Prince George. If allegations are true, he's hoping that if he spreads his vile ideas to enough people, then someone will pick up them. And unfortunately, it's possible he'd be right.

  10. #50
    ANARCHIST Nobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    never been in the clink
    Posts
    45,900
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    Did you enjoy Olga the masseuse/weightlifter and her healing hands
    I was made to wear this ridiculous white gown with just a pair of shorts. We went into this room, led down on these bed things and a bloke walks in. Straight to me and starts rubbing my leg. ABOVE THE KNEE.

    no introduction, no good morning, nowt. I nearly head butted him.

    I still don't know his name, and he's touched my feet.

    Wrong.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •