Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team to play v Millwall?

Assistant Manager
    Not sure what I'd do about midfield. Harrop looks like a must for no.10 and Pearson obviously comes back in, leaving a slot next to him.

Browne has done well at Wycombe but Neil is on record as saying he doesn't really want to play him deep, so wouldn't be a shock if Johnson or Gallagher started.

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgwick__7 View Post
    Not sure what I'd do about midfield. Harrop looks like a must for no.10 and Pearson obviously comes back in, leaving a slot next to him.

Browne has done well at Wycombe but Neil is on record as saying he doesn't really want to play him deep, so wouldn't be a shock if Johnson or Gallagher started.
    I agree with you & would have the below:

Maxwell

Clarke
    Hunts
    Davies
    Cunningham

Pearson
    Johnson

Barks
    Harrop
    Robinson

Hugill

But I don't think AN will go with the above, he has mentioned in an interview ahead of the game that he is choosing the line up based on the opposition, so to me that says he'll put Gallagher in place of Johnson & Browne instead of Harrop in the No.10 role - which I think most on here would agree isn't Browne's best position.

The counter argument for Browne being that far up the pitch though is the high pressing he will provide.
    I trust AN to get it right... I hope...

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeusHam View Post
    Maxwell

Clarke
    Hunts
    Davies
    Cunningham

Pearson
    Johnson

Barks
    Harrop
    Robinson

Hugill

But I don't think AN will go with the above, he has mentioned in an interview ahead of the game that he is choosing the line up based on the opposition, so to me that says he'll put Gallagher in place of Johnson & Browne instead of Harrop in the No.10 role - which I think most on here would agree isn't Browne's best position.

The counter argument for Browne being that far up the pitch though is the high pressing he will provide.
    I trust AN to get it right... I hope...
    Browne can be effective in that upfield role in away games where the opposition are anxious to press forward, though it is also evident that he is less so when used that way in home games where more inventiveness is required. It would not surprise me if we saw him there tomorrow with either Gallagher or Johnson alongside Pearson. If so Harrop whose real class is now starting to show could still play slightly to the left. But frankly a line-up with the primary initial objective of stifling an energetic, in-your-face opposition which is probably what we can expect tomorrow would very likely include Horgan.

Reserve Team
    Maxwell
    Clarke Hunts Davies Cunningham
    Browne Pearson
    Bodin Harrop Robinson
    Hugill

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanneswhite View Post
    Maxwell
    Clarke Hunts Davies Cunningham
    Browne Pearson
    Bodin Harrop Robinson
    Hugill
    robbo before Barkh? Interesting thinking....Millwall not a place for shrinking violets says AN so I can see why 'the Beast Robinson' will be 1st on the team sheet - followed by chopper DJ.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by sports rehab View Post
    robbo before Barkh? Interesting thinking....Millwall not a place for shrinking violets says AN so I can see why 'the Beast Robinson' will be 1st on the team sheet - followed by chopper DJ.
    Robinson to be fair has started to look a bit more robust in recent weeks though as you indicate Barkhuizen looks to be the sensible option for this match. Johnson if he starts must surely recognise that our supposed interest in Ledson means he will have to be much more prepared to get stuck in if he is to keep his place.

First Team
    Maxwell

Clarke
    Huntington
    Davies
    Cunningham

Pearson
    Johnson

Bodin
    Harrop
    Barkhuizen

Hugill

Millwall will expect to win today against #ateamlikepreston. North End are there to upset the apple cart with a 1-0, backs to the wall, smash and grab.