Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laptops

10.5" iPad Pro and get the case with built in keyboard if you really want one. That's if you can suffer an Apple device.
    "It's like the War of.... Game of.....War of nutrition" - Simon Grayson

Quote Originally Posted by Rallye View Post
    10.5" iPad Pro and get the case with built in keyboard if you really want one. That's if you can suffer an Apple device.
    dont want to go down the apple route, overpriced and no better than cheaper androids, but im looking at a windows laptop/tablet so you've got the convenience of a tablet and the practicality of a laptop

I have a HP laptop which has been very good. I've had it a couple of years now. I take it away with me on holiday so I can keep an eye on things at work!! We have a wired network at work, which we are shortly about to get rid of and replace with laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by northender2 View Post
    dont want to go down the apple route, overpriced and no better than cheaper androids, but im looking at a windows laptop/tablet so you've got the convenience of a tablet and the practicality of a laptop
    Recently bought a reconditioned Dell Latitude laptop for 125 on eBay. Had it for a few months and it works absolutely fine. Got a similar deal on an iPhone 5 and that works fine as well. I'm struggling to justify spending more than that when these work well.
    If you pay to watch the Premier League on TV.. you are part of the problem !

First Team
    buy one with a SSD (solid state drive) - so much faster. i have a dell xps and its amazing. pricey but best laptop ive ever owned

I got a HP Laptop, because I been through some crap lately I decided to upgrade, took this into PC World, It's 4 years old, and thought I could trade it in. The Guy at the desk fired it up, looked at it, turned it off and said they don't sell anything that could be classed as an upgrade. Told me to save my Money. So Strange. It's Icore 7, 17.3 Touch Screen, 16gb Ram, Leap Motion (whatever that is), 1tb + 500gb SSD's. Windows 8.1. Bluetooth etc. You'd of thought in 4 years computers would of got better.
    3 Butter Pies and a coke please : D

For me, it's the iPad that is gathering dust. Much prefer a laptop.

With a tablet, how do you go about working on spreadsheets, word documents etc? And I never cracked how to print anything using my iPad... although I believe it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post

With a tablet, how do you go about working on spreadsheets, word documents etc? And I never cracked how to print anything using my iPad... although I believe it can be done.
    Same, I use Ipad for Games and Football when out, but rest of the time, it's Laptop. Ipads are good, but they very restrictive and the constant demand for cash or watch an advert is annoying.
    3 Butter Pies and a coke please : D

Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post

How do you not? I use Numbers or Excel all the time and also use it as a word processor without problem. And printing? Piece of piss. Even the wife worked it out!
    "It's like the War of.... Game of.....War of nutrition" - Simon Grayson