Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: for anyone travelling with Ryanair this year.

Investor
    Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    I think most travellers have not. You aren't missing much unless you like top end retail and modern overly pampering hotels
    Not really my thing. My brother missed a flight connection there on his way to Perth a couple of years ago and ended up spending 24 hrs there. He said that it was one of the most tacky places he'd ever been

Assistant Manager
    Had to spend Christmas there a few years ago. Didn’t take to the place at all.

I’ve turned the “Stop Stansted Expansion” NIMBYs away from my door a few times though. Would have been hypocritical of me not to have done!

I’ve never had much of an issue with Ryanair although the way they don’t seat you together anymore (unless you pay) is annoying.

Investor
    Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post

I’ve turned the “Stop Stansted Expansion” NIMBYs away from my door a few times though. Would have been hypocritical of me not to have done!

I’ve never had much of an issue with Ryanair although the way they don’t seat you together anymore (unless you pay) is annoying.
    With Ryanair you get what you pay for. Given it's so handy for me (and you) I'm happy enough to put up with basic facilities given I'm not flying any great distance. I'm not going to abandon proper airlines for long haul trips though, despite some cheap carriers arriving @ stn with flights to the USA. Back in the day, when KLM flew from Stansted, I often used to fly to Schipol,and then onto JFK. It was just as quick as driving to Heathrow or Gatwick and leaving hours of spare time to cope with possible M25 problems.

Assistant Manager northender0602's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post

one of the last flights I was on, I was on row 9, hubby was on row 39, quite enjoyed it to be honest, just a pain in the arse when we landed, he was the last off!

Assistant Manager
    Lol - I've only been married since October though.

Some years ago, Ryanair kept a bunch of us on the runway at Stansted for 6 hours in the snow before cancelling the flight and kicking us out when the bars had shut in the terminal. By the time we got back inside, all the prime sleeping spots had gone as well - an uncomfortable night that was!

If people stopped paying extra to sit together airlines would stop this.

Flew to Barbados in November last year, and the Mrs was two rows behind me, but with an isle seat, whereas I had extra legroom!!

On the way back they put us in first class, but not together. This was not Ryanair obviously.