Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Moggmentum ........

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    As I said in my initial comment, PPC - make up your own mind about whether you think that the allegations of subverting democracy, in Ukraine and Georgia for example, have any basis. You do have to work your way through a lot of conspiracy BS, general lunacy, and other nastiness, that's for sure.

Away from that, there are enough things to show that he is not always a friend of the workers:

• A conviction in France for insider trading,
    • Moving money around to avoid paying tax - he is named in the leaked Panama/Paradise papers, and there have been criticisms that moving $18bn to his foundation allows him to avoid tax,
    • He is a speculator who makes money from betting on economic/political unrest - now, he is so prominent that he can make statements that cause currencies to fall/rise, and profit in the aftermath. If that harms economies and affects workers, so be it.
    • He is a self-admitted globalist. Is that globalism in Essex's definition of the word, as antagonistic to internationalism, or my wider definition?

That's enough to suggest to me that he does not deserve the adulation he gets from the left/liberals.

This next issue is purely my opinion and can be challenged as such, but I have concerns about how his Open Society Foundation operates. The strange thing is that I am socially liberal and agree with many of the things that it does, such as funding journalism, setting up schools for journalists, promoting equality, building educational establishments, and challenging some of the idiocy from the right wing press.

My concern is that, can this be used to push certain views to the detriment of others? Just because I broadly agree with many of the actions, does that mean that I support someone building such an extensive network that can be used to promote a specific worldview, and influence government policy and the actions of other NGOs? In other words, is this any different than Murdoch owning vast swathes of the media? What would we say if the Koch brothers did the same?

It is something that I am still thinking about so, again, you will have to make up your own mind about that.

So, I can't understand why Soros receives such adulation from people on the left. Would you care to enlighten me, PPC?
    I'm afraid I couldn't, it was an innocent question rather than laying bait. I've not dug particularly deep, but on the grounds most of the vociferous ranting seems to be coming from the right and far right (well he is Jewish) , my natural inclination was to think he must be up to some good. I'll give him my undivided attention in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by PNEPPC View Post
    I'm afraid I couldn't, it was an innocent question rather than laying bait. I've not dug particularly deep, but on the grounds most of the vociferous ranting seems to be coming from the right and far right (well he is Jewish) , my natural inclination was to think he must be up to some good. I'll give him my undivided attention in the morning!
    Innocent questions? Not laying bait? Where do you think you are? Such things are not welcome on this forum!

Actually, I find the level of political debate on this forum to be very good - who would have thought that a Northern football forum had such a diversity of views!

He is well worth looking into - a lot of the anti-Semitism thrown his way is disgraceful, and you have to wear your strongest BS filters. Strangely, he is also detested by the Israeli government due to his funding of Palestinian groups.

I am reluctant to provide sources about this - partly because I have spent many years researching him (he kept cropping up in a lot of work I did about Eastern European/Central Asian politics, which sparked my initial interest, and he is active in Albania and FYROM - my backyard), and it is difficult to condense that down into a couple of references. Plus, any sources would be influenced by my own biases - I think that this is an area where people really do need to connect the dots themselves. It is interesting, but you will have to pick through some very vile stuff, unfortunately.

Enjoy the evening!
    Last edited by Sepp Blatter; 13-02-2018 at 01:53 PM.

He gets adulation because of the warped way success is now defined

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post

Adulation comes in all different forms, look at yourself on this forum...... who'd of thought eh
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by PNEPPC View Post
    He is a billionaire currency speculator, trader and all that entails there are dozens like him but, most fund a variety of secretive right wing organisations, the Koch brothers, the Mercer family our own Barclay brothers.
    Like Gates and Buffet he openly funds a "liberal leaning" foundation.
    However, Marsbars and the other loons who believe in a New World Order, think that the NWO is run by a cabal of wandering, cosmopolitan Jews and think Soros is on the board of such a NWO.

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post

Sadly, that is true - we go back to B. Clinton and Blair, among others, with their relaxed attitude to the super wealthy, even when they make money in questionable ways. That attitude still pervades society.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltz View Post
    He is a billionaire currency speculator, trader and all that entails there are dozens like him but, most fund a variety of secretive right wing organisations, the Koch brothers, the Mercer family our own Barclay brothers.
    Like Gates and Buffet he openly funds a "liberal leaning" foundation.
    However, Marsbars and the other loons who believe in a New World Order, think that the NWO is run by a cabal of wandering, cosmopolitan Jews and think Soros is on the board of such a NWO.

I think us " loons " ( and I'm proud to be one of them ) are fully aware of what corruption is....And it really can be summed up with that one word.....
    Vote For John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    I think us " loons " ( and I'm proud to be one of them ) are fully aware of what corruption is....And it really can be summed up with that one word.....
    Nice to be agreeing with you today, fellow loon
    Alex Neil “This club has had a certain style for four years and I’m trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.”

Quote Originally Posted by marsbars View Post
    That's the beauty of this forum......
    Vote For John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by marsbars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    That's the beauty of this forum......
    Count me in.

Rather be a loon than a Walter.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.