Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 6% increase in council tax while 11million worth of cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    What we need is more private sector involvement. How about contracting out to Carillion or Crapita? That's bound to be good news....
    I think interserve might be a better option, right now.

Investor
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    I think interserve might be a better option, right now.
    Interserve are fucking useless.....well they were when I had a reasonably large contract with them

Interserve are fucking useless.....well they were when I had a reasonably large contract with them
    Recently had to take out massive loans, heading carillions way, rapidly.

Manager
    What we need is more private sector involvement. How about contracting out to Carillion or Crapita? That's bound to be good news....
    And they receive their money from ?

Investor
    Quote Originally Posted by pnematic View Post
    And they receive their money from ?
    Us.

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    Ah no problem then Marsy, this after theyd had an awful ofsted report that criticised them for not having children at heart and said parents were left 'bewildered and confused'.

Who gives one?

You obviously dont, let the kids suffer eh?
    An awful Ofsted report that was conducted in November, a mere five months after the Tory administration took over. Exactly what did you expect a new council cabinet to do in that time considering Children Services under Labour LCC went from 'Good with Excellent in parts' (2013) to 'Inadequate' (2015) and 'the worst it's ever been' (2017). It was so badly trashed by Councillor Tomlinson that a child died in council care due to a lack of intervention when his mentally ill mother failed to return him to his dad and set fire to the house they were in.

Of the 'cuts' made none will actually affect Child or Adult frontline services which I bet my house on, will be vastly improved come the next report. Europne has highlighted how hard he has found it in the past to deal with LCC Social Services and it's that part which involves so much waste and poor decision making that is being 'cut'.

You also failed to mentioned the parts of the report that highlighted the actions taken in the last few months that have already improved Children Services. Long way to go but improvements already evident on the disaster Tomlinson etc left behind.

Pot Holes were mentioned in this section of the board a while back, current Tory group are spending an extra 5m on roads in 2018/9, something Councillor Ali and Labour voted against.

CT rise (2.99% CT, 3% social services rise) is unfortunate but LCC will be far better off under the current regime than it was under Labour.
    Last edited by AndySaville; 10-02-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    An awful Ofsted report that was conducted in November, a mere five months after the Tory administration took over. Exactly what did you expect a new council cabinet to do in that time considering Children Services under Labour LCC went from 'Good with Excellent in parts' (2013) to 'Inadequate' (2015) and 'the worst it's ever been' (2017). It was so badly trashed by Councillor Tomlinson that a child died in council care due to a lack of intervention when his mentally ill mother failed to return him to his dad and set fire to the house they were in.

Of the 'cuts' made none will actually affect Child or Adult frontline services which I bet my house on, will be vastly improved come the next report. Europne has highlighted how hard he has found it in the past to deal with LCC Social Services and it's that part which involves so much waste and poor decision making that is being 'cut'.

You also failed to mentioned the parts of the report that highlighted the actions taken in the last few months that have already improved Children Services. Long way to go but improvements already evident on the disaster Tomlinson etc left behind.

Pot Holes were mentioned in this section of the board a while back, current Tory group are spending an extra 5m on roads in 2018/9, something Councillor Ali and Labour voted against.

CT rise (2.99% CT, 3% social services rise) is unfortunate but LCC will be far better off under the current regime than it was under Labour.
    So am I paying 6% more on my council tax while there is a cut of 11million in our services or not?

If so, how is this an improvement on our city?
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post

The bit in bold is the law, it had to be increased by that amount, no altruism by the tories at all. Just cuts.

Im sure there will be those who will be better off, just like last time.