Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Five years today...

Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    Don't be daft... I wasn't even referring to the football ( which wasn't too bad until the two full backs both got injured btw ) but I just liked the bloke.. Absolute nutter and if he'd had achieved a 10th of the bollocks he came out with we wouldn't be having this conversation
    I'm glad you've seen the light, Lib.

PS.. You may have guessed but I like " characters " and if there's anyone that denies he was that then we'll never see eye to eye....... I genuinely hoped that he would succeed but he failed, no denying it..
    I also like characters, they're a dying breed.

However I don't like characters who are inherently narcissistic and clinically insane. 'Characters' like GW have more in common with Hannibal Lectre (minus the Fava beans, probably) or Joseph Stalin than they do David Brent or Alan Partridge.

An abysmal manager and a self obsessed crackpot.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    The rest is right but not sure I've ever seen this?
    All right - I may have gone a bit over the top with that comment, but some fans still give him too much credit.

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
    Could you articulate some of your inside info?

I've heard many mind boggling stories about GW's 'management style' at PNE from a range of sources, some more reputable than others.

They all strain credulity and yet some of them I know for a fact to be true, and some of which I hope, for Westley's sake, are not.
    DOC - sources I cant name as some still work for the club.... but for instance..

I have mentioned on another thread about the Paul Coutts / Andy Proctor NOBODY exchange - GW told Coutts 'a NOBODY' could do the job he wanted Coutts to do - he signed Andy P that week and introduced him to Coutts and the squad as 'this is the NOBODY that is getting your job' and made him capt....

GW's 1st meeting with all the players and staff at Deepdale - all were gathered in a room waiting, GW walked in and asked "what do you think my children call me?"... after a silence Unsy suggested 'Dad', someone else said Graham'? GW answered "my children call me Medal Winner" then walked out of the meeting ! -

most stuff has been aired on many forums over the years - being turned down by 2 youth players for contracts as they preferreed other clubs than play for him - one went to Accy stanley.
    Youth scouts stopping bringing players to Deepdale
    Injured players not being allowed to use PNE medical people so they had to go private.
    Players who loved the club told they were 'like a cancer around the place'...
    our famous Keeper coach walking out in week 2 after being 'disrespected' in the corridors by GW.

His bodyguard (coach) bullying young players and squaring up to fans at Springfields.
    totally disorganised training sessions .... some were laughable to watch if not so sad !

Then the dumping of Bailey Wright to add to all the others he got rid of....

lots of anecdotal stuff from 'friends' employed.... too many for everyone to be made up and across all areas of the club, not just the 'bad apple' players...SO CALLED.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
    I'm glad you've seen the light, Lib.

I also like characters, they're a dying breed.

However I don't like characters who are inherently narcissistic and clinically insane. 'Characters' like GW have more in common with Hannibal Lectre (minus the Fava beans, probably) or Joseph Stalin than they do David Brent or Alan Partridge.

An abysmal manager and a self obsessed crackpot.

Oh come on Doc.... You'd have been chuffed to buggery if he'd succeeded.Our very own Brian Clough but Westley wasn't pissed half the time ( he was like that naturally ) and he had a problem when dealing with less than desperate players and an ego far too big for anyones boots..............But I still liked him and all this " almost destroyed our club " crap needs a lid on it... "Destroyed our club" my Drama Queen fat arse !

PS..You gonna admit that some of the footy at times wasn't that bad?....

PPS ...Lector was quite a loveable chap as long as you were polite....
    Vote For John Brown

Coaching Staff
    Oh come on Doc.... You'd have been chuffed to buggery if he'd succeeded.Our very own Brian Clough but Westley wasn't pissed half the time ( he was like that naturally ) and he had a problem when dealing with less than desperate players and an ego far too big for anyones boots..............But I still liked him and all this " almost destroyed our club " crap needs a lid on it... "Destroyed our club" my Drama Queen fat arse !

PS..You gonna admit that some of the footy at times wasn't that bad?....

PPS ...Lector was quite a loveable chap as long as you were polite....
    Football wasn't that bad? - in his first season we had 3 consecutive 0-0 draws at home against Chesterfield, Walsall and Scunthorpe. I think we had only one shot on target in two of them. In about three games in his second season we played good football - Swindon, Hartlepool and Stevenage away. And yes he almost destroyed our club - we had an awful reputation, ref's hated us, fans/players of other teams hated us, managers hated us. The squad was full of league one/two journey men and we was on a one way ticket to league two.

On a side note, it really does amuse me that you and Marsbars never gave Grayson any credit in his time at the club - you didn't like Grayson, yet Westley with his big ego and awful management ability - a manager who tore up this football club the players/staff/pitch/everything about PNE yet you 'liked him.' The only thing that needs a lid on it is fans thinking that Westley did anything good for this football club because the fact is that he didn't. Grayson came in and working with no transfer money made us into a promotion winning side getting rid of the vast majority of Westley's signings in the process. Now that does deserve credit!

Quote Originally Posted by White123 View Post
    Football wasn't that bad? - in his first season we had 3 consecutive 0-0 draws at home against Chesterfield, Walsall and Scunthorpe. I think we had only one shot on target in two of them. In about three games in his second season we played good football - Swindon, Hartlepool and Stevenage away. And yes he almost destroyed our club - we had an awful reputation, ref's hated us, fans/players of other teams hated us, managers hated us. The squad was full of league one/two journey men and we was on a one way ticket to league two.

On a side note, it really does amuse me that you and Marsbars never gave Grayson any credit in his time at the club - you didn't like Grayson, yet Westley with his big ego and awful management ability - a manager who tore up this football club the players/staff/pitch/everything about PNE yet you 'liked him.' The only thing that needs a lid on it is fans thinking that Westley did anything good for this football club because the fact is that he didn't. Grayson came in and working with no transfer money made us into a promotion winning side getting rid of the vast majority of Westley's signings in the process. Now that does deserve credit!
    Put a sock in it you drama queen........... Only one bloke could destroy this club and he owns it......And even then I suspect there would be those who'd put up a bloody good fight.
    Vote For John Brown