Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Do we boycott World Cup?

  1. #1
    Assistant Manager The Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    sherwood
    Posts
    5,478

    Do we boycott World Cup?

    I have a feeling we could well boycott the world cup, not just us, but I believe Germany, France and others may stand united against Putin. I cant believe with the tensions that will increase, that England fans and players can safely travel to Moscow in light of recent events. Football at the end of the day is just a game. Putin needs humbling, and a mass boycott of the world cup will hurt him IMHO.

  2. #2
    Manager Regardless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,992
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    I have a feeling we could well boycott the world cup, not just us, but I believe Germany, France and others may stand united against Putin. I cant believe with the tensions that will increase, that England fans and players can safely travel to Moscow in light of recent events. Football at the end of the day is just a game. Putin needs humbling, and a mass boycott of the world cup will hurt him IMHO.
    Agree. But I'd merge with the Salisbury thread. Makes for an interesting debate.

  3. #3
    Director raefil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    64,004
    No we dont, its frig all to do with football.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Benn
    ‘I don’t like being called a Eurosceptic. I just disagree with the system. I wasn’t an Anglo-sceptic when Mrs Thatcher was in power. I just disagreed with her policies.’

  4. #4
    First Team Doc Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Fulwood
    Posts
    1,695
    I can't see it happening, but why not?

    I don't think anyone will miss England's two games at these World Cup Finals, but a major player like Germany or France pulling out could create more of a furore.

  5. #5
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    6,701
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Putin needs humbling, and a mass boycott of the world cup will hurt him IMHO.
    Correct.
    And now, the end is near...

  6. #6
    Director raefil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    64,004
    Quote Originally Posted by We8PNE View Post
    Correct.
    I know england are crap but theyre not as crap as Blackpool, so no boycott quite yet.

    Oh wait youre not boycotting because theyre crap are you?
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Benn
    ‘I don’t like being called a Eurosceptic. I just disagree with the system. I wasn’t an Anglo-sceptic when Mrs Thatcher was in power. I just disagreed with her policies.’

  7. #7
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    6,701
    Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    I know england are crap but theyre not as crap as Blackpool, so no boycott quite yet.

    Oh wait youre not boycotting because theyre crap are you?
    Certainly not.

    It's always a wise thing to stand-up to a bully.
    And now, the end is near...

  8. #8
    Manager
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Standish
    Posts
    11,949
    Well we ve not turned up to a World Cup since 1966....

  9. #9
    Assistant Manager BeteNoir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Farington Moss
    Posts
    9,233
    there's sweet FA our politicians can do, why do they need THE FA to sort the mess out. And how about showing the Russians the proof instead of saber rattling rhetorics?

  10. #10
    Assistant Manager northender1881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walton-le-Dale
    Posts
    4,705
    As per usual, we'll play as if we're boycotting anyway, so it doesn't really matter what we do.
    "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
    Brian Clough

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •