Thread: Wooden Decking

Wooden Decking

It's that time of the year again when the wooden decking at the back of our house needs completely sanding down / stripping and re-staining ....

The decking is approx 12 foot by 15 foot and I will also want the spindles and bannisters staining.....

Has anyone got any recommendations of people who could do it please ??

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    It's that time of the year again when the wooden decking at the back of our house needs completely sanding down / stripping and re-staining ....

The decking is approx 12 foot by 15 foot and I will also want the spindles and bannisters staining.....

You’re sanding it down ? Jeez pal .

Just give it a blast with a jet washer . You can then either spray it with stain or brush applied Ronseal.

Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post

I do it myself at our static caravan.....too tight to pay anyone else. Proper graft too Ando.
    East Midlands Branch

Quote Originally Posted by jcfartpants View Post
    I do it myself at our static caravan.....too tight to pay anyone else. Proper graft too Ando.
    I know that's what worries me Johnny.......

I have done it myself for the last 6 years but as I get older and my body more fragile, I have decided to sub the job out.......

You can use old pallets for now ando, I can supply and fit. $200 per square yard.
    dp/1853677280 Th
    Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Get yersen a Columbia Wood Licking Goat. That'll keep on top of it.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Substitute
    Not sure if you can get it over there, but I used Heirloom Heavy Body Paint & Varnish Remover to refinish my deck. You just paint it on, leave it an hour and all the paint and varnish just scrapes right off. Got to wear gloves though...so don't get it on your hands and then go for a piss....learnt from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarywhite View Post
    Not sure if you can get it over there, but I used Heirloom Heavy Body Paint & Varnish Remover to refinish my deck. You just paint it on, leave it an hour and all the paint and varnish just scrapes right off. Got to wear gloves though...so don't get it on your hands and then go for a piss....learnt from experience.
    Ouch, that sounds deadly !!

and i thought deep heat and willies were a bad mix...........