Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Lancashire County Cricket Club 2018

Quote Originally Posted by chorleythehord View Post
    Thanks Ando. Iíll be going to Derby so will miss it if itís that date, though itís odds on we will have an away tie anyway.
    I think that we will be away no matter what happens, due to the Gallagher concert at Old Trafford....

Assistant Manager
    That went well! Obvious credit to the magnificent Alex Davies again and the bowlers but it would have been easy to aim too high when batting and in trouble and end up with 100. Experience and judging a pitch/conditions is important, so well done Vilas and Croft as well.

Now to win on Wednesday and get the home quarter final, hopefully against Glamorgan as they appear the easiest of the teams left in it down south.

Assistant Manager
    Well, we got our own back on Durham today. An excellent performance all round, and although Lancs lost 2 early wickets they managed to post an average/competitive score which they defended with ease. They had Durham at 5-4 and they never recovered from that.
    Josh Earl 19, Josh Harrop 22,Ben Davies 22, Ben Pearson 23, Callum Robinson 23, Alan Browne 23, Sean Maguire 24, Darnell Fisher 24, Tom Barkhuizen 24, Ryan Ledson 20, Jordan Storey 20, Graham Burke 24, Connor Simpson 18.These young players are our future.

Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post

Some knicker-wetting on this thread.
    GUILTY.............

If you follow my postings about North End, then you wil know that i am the king of pessimists Justin !

Quote Originally Posted by wld View Post
    That went well! Obvious credit to the magnificent Alex Davies again and the bowlers but it would have been easy to aim too high when batting and in trouble and end up with 100. Experience and judging a pitch/conditions is important, so well done Vilas and Croft as well.

Now to win on Wednesday and get the home quarter final, hopefully against Glamorgan as they appear the easiest of the teams left in it down south.
    I thought that there was an issue with a concert being held at OT which meant that our Quarter had to be played away ?

I hope that you are right though...........

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    I thought that there was an issue with a concert being held at OT which meant that our Quarter had to be played away ?

I hope that you are right though...........
    I'm pretty sure we'd be looking to play a home tie at an "out ground". Southport maybe?

Hardly suitable though for a game which would have attracted thousands more supporters at OT.

Wouldn't surprise me if we performed woefully on Wednesday to give ourselves a chance of avoiding the embarrassing situation of a home tie in the quarters....

Quote Originally Posted by PNE Plungy View Post
    I'm pretty sure we'd be looking to play a home tie at an "out ground". Southport maybe?

Hardly suitable though for a game which would have attracted thousands more supporters at OT.

Wouldn't surprise me if we performed woefully on Wednesday to give ourselves a chance of avoiding the embarrassing situation of a home tie in the quarters....
    That would leave us facing Somerset or Gloucester...... Both west country sides are doing really well, so it would be a toughie

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PNE Plungy View Post

They're trying to reschedule the work on the outfield. The concert is next Saturday and they were going to dig up the outfield straight after it - I wonder if the weather stays dryish there might be less damage than they anticipated? I also believe getting an outground is problematic but Liverpool would be the best bet (if they could do it) because they can get up to 10,000 in with temporary stands.

Last time we had a home quarter there were very few in attendance against Glamorgan but it was a reserve day because of rain on the Friday. Having said that, sales hadn't been great for the Friday anyway.