Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancashire County Cricket Club 2018

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    We had a good chance as soon we got the top 4 out.

The difference was probably the variety of our bowling options compared to their attack.

Iíd like to see Croft get a second over in the first 6.
    We were discussing that during the game when they were getting thrashed around. However, so many times over the years heís had a second and a third and ended up getting tap because he essentially just walks up and darts it in without any real spin - but he couldnít have done any worse in those first 12 overs!

League Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    I watched the first 12 overs before switching off... Lancashire are an embarrassment.

Clarks bowling was amateur at best and Khan should have stayed in Afghanistan.......

The fielding is of schoolboy level - are these people picking up money for these disgraceful performances ??

My blood was boiling - the performance is inept and they don't seem to care !
    Ando I think you're a jinx. When you turned off, it coincided with an upturn in Lancs' performance.

Quote Originally Posted by wld View Post
    Not just brilliant batting, those last 8 overs were absolutely outstanding bowling. Khan is beautiful to watch and my view on Parky has never changed, heís an absolute class act. Watt played his part and a lovely last over from Faulkner - heís on a hat trick tomorrow. The intent carried on throughout the batting, praise when itís due it looked like someone corrected that from Tuesday.

Iím going to be a little controversial and stick up for Clark. At the time he bowled, we were bowling a succession of long hops and buffet bowling. He came on and tried to be different, tried slower bowls, wide full tosses and heavy balls into the pitch. He obviously didnít execute it well with the wides but look at the runs off the bat in that over (4) and I would argue he was trying to do the right thing (but obviously not always succeeding ) Itís something I always look for in sport - if youíre attempting the right thing but getting it wrong, Iím less prone to criticise than if youíre attempting the wrong thing in the first place.

Anyway, win tomorrow and we are through barring a massive turn a round in run rate by Warwickshire because Notts and Yorkshire have to play each other twice.
    Good point about Clark, but, at the time I wasn't seeing the bigger picture and getting very frustrated. Apart from that mini collapse at the end, the run chase was relatively easy. I'll hold my hand up and say I got it hopelessly wrong, not for the first time either. Special mention to Karl Brown, who I'd more or less written off. Qualification COULD be back on.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by janiejones View Post
    Ando I think you're a jinx. When you turned off, it coincided with an upturn in Lancs' performance.

Good point about Clark, but, at the time I wasn't seeing the bigger picture and getting very frustrated. Apart from that mini collapse at the end, the run chase was relatively easy. I'll hold my hand up and say I got it hopelessly wrong, not for the first time either. Special mention to Karl Brown, who I'd more or less written off. Qualification COULD be back on.
    Me too with Brown. Iíve always thought he was a player who needed someone to get him playing, needed his confidence boosting if you like. The one who did that best was Giles.

Win tonight, we are through - in fact, win either of the Warwickshire games and weíre through (barring a mathematical miracle).

Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
    Thank goodness I wasn't online earlier, or I'd have joined in - but instead, I can laugh at you lot for this evening's posts
    Its a fair cop Reg....

My hand is well and truly held in the air !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by janiejones View Post
    Ha Ha Ha....... I cant deny that Janie

Assistant Manager
    Much better again tonight on a slow pitch. They had no answer to Parky, Khan bowled better than his figures suggest and Faulkner is starting to look like his old self. Excellent knocks from Brown and Clark in particular, although Clark seemed to have a recurrence of his injury.

Through to the quarters, need to work at a home quarter final now by winning our last two games.

Forum Patron
    Nice to see Croft getting two overs!

Some knicker-wetting on this thread.

Our T20 cricket and plans are decent. Losing Livi has possibly cost us the title.

Plenty of big sides struggling massively this season.

Coaching Staff
    A positive couple of results over the last 2 days. Good to see after a number of horror shows.

I do wonder in T20 if home advantage is an advantage for the quarter finals? I don't think that it is as important as it is in football and some of our best performances have come on the road this season. An away tie in the knockout stages shouldn't be regarded as a massive negative in my opinion.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    Nice to see Croft getting two overs!

Some knicker-wetting on this thread.

Our T20 cricket and plans are decent. Losing Livi has possibly cost us the title.

Plenty of big sides struggling massively this season.
    What plans are you talking about? If you mean T20 plans, Iíd generally agree - we learnt from the lack of intensity in our chase on Tuesday. However, the general state of the club is poor, from the management to the coaching and donít forget the coach has publicly stated he leaves the players to it in T20.

Livi is an outstanding cricketer and a huge influence on the side. I suspect his absence has made some sit up and realise how important he is.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PNE Plungy View Post
    A positive couple of results over the last 2 days. Good to see after a number of horror shows.

I do wonder in T20 if home advantage is an advantage for the quarter finals? I don't think that it is as important as it is in football and some of our best performances have come on the road this season. An away tie in the knockout stages shouldn't be regarded as a massive negative in my opinion.
    We were discussing the home quarter final last night. I wondered whether it might be more important to us if we can play on a pitch like last night, the sort of pitch that suits our spinners down to the ground ie slow and sticky. We also know were the 1s turn into 2s and 2s into 3s. If we end up at Taunton itís a different kettle of fish.

Having said that, our record away is pretty good this year and we might end up not being able to play at OT anyway!