Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lancashire County Cricket Club 2018

Assistant Manager
    Had tickets for Thursday and Friday at Lordís but iíll be getting plastered instead.

Not in a good way!

Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    Had tickets for Thursday and Friday at Lordís but iíll be getting plastered instead.

Not in a good way!
    Oh no! What happened Justin?

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
    Oh no! What happened Justin?
    Well it turns out that doing no exercise between the end of the last cricket season and the start of the new one is longer sustainable at my age.

Had to bat with a few overs to go cos we collapsed, got a nice stride in and my left Achilles snapped big style. Thought I'd been shot for a moment until I'd worked out what I'd done.

Trying to avoid pics of Santi Cazorla at the moment.

Well it turns out that doing no exercise between the end of the last cricket season and the start of the new one is longer sustainable at my age.

Had to bat with a few overs to go cos we collapsed, got a nice stride in and my left Achilles snapped big style. Thought I'd been shot for a moment until I'd worked out what I'd done.

Cripes... that's really tough. Worse than I guessed

Look to Tom Clarke for inspiration. Good luck with it.

On the cricketing front, another disappointment yesterday. Looked like we were going to get thumped... then suddenly looked like we might squeak it... but not to be.
    Under pressure now.

Assistant Manager
    Cheers. Thanks.

Hopefully Lancs can bounce back too!

Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar

That's bad........did you warm up? Is it snapped definitely, or a bad strain?

A client of mine snapped her achilles playing tennis a few years back - 6 months to recover to run again.
    East Midlands Branch

Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Had a nice surprise yesterday.....my old man is coming down next Thursday to see Lancs in the one day cup at Notts. Except he'd got the fixture wrong and it turns out Lancs are playing Leics at Oakham School.......10 mins down the road. So looking forward to watching first class cricket in a deckchair sat on the boundary rope.
    East Midlands Branch

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by jcfartpants View Post
    That's bad........did you warm up? Is it snapped definitely, or a bad strain?

A client of mine snapped her achilles playing tennis a few years back - 6 months to recover to run again.
    Chilly night and iíd been umpiring beforehand fartpants.

Itís gone alright.

They told me today it could be up to a year of a job.

Still, thereís plenty of people worse off than me. Iíll be reet. Only missed 2 days work in 22 years so iím due a rest I guess!

Assistant Manager
    Chilly night and iíd been umpiring beforehand fartpants.

Itís gone alright.

They told me today it could be up to a year of a job.

Still, thereís plenty of people worse off than me. Iíll be reet. Only missed 2 days work in 22 years so iím due a rest I guess!
    Hope the recovery goes well.

The abandonment worked in our favour today, if theyíd managed to get back on the DL would have been something easy like 85 in 10 overs. Defeat for Worcs against Durham was a good outcome today.

Assistant Manager
    Cheers. Thanks.

Hopefully Lancs can bounce back too!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Justin. The only cricket injury I ever received was being hit on the bonce by a bouncer playing in the Essex league against a largely West Indian team Dagenham Fords Motors. Ended up in King George hospital overnight in Ilford.
    Get well soon.
    Dirty Harry. Spouting shite and nowt better to do since 2015.