Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The grand national

Assistant Manager
    I really fancied Vintage Clouds, was hoping for one more to drop out so he'd get a run. It didn't happen but if Mr Hemmings had wanted to he could have withdrawn his other horse (Warriors Tale) and opened up a place for Clouds.

The fact he didn't says to me that he is either aiming Clouds for the Scottish National or he really fancies Warriors Tale. In case it's the latter, I'm having a bit each way - as Mr Hemmings knows what he's doing with the Grand National.

Last samurai @ 16/1 - likes the soft ground

First Team
    A few quid each way on Seeyouatmidnight for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wld View Post
    I really fancied Vintage Clouds, was hoping for one more to drop out so he'd get a run. It didn't happen but if Mr Hemmings had wanted to he could have withdrawn his other horse (Warriors Tale) and opened up a place for Clouds.

The fact he didn't says to me that he is either aiming Clouds for the Scottish National or he really fancies Warriors Tale. In case it's the latter, I'm having a bit each way - as Mr Hemmings knows what he's doing with the Grand National.
    Been saying the same thing. I'll be getting stuck into Vintage Clouds straight after the race for next year's renewal, not sure why Trev didn't even pay another owner off to get the horse in. He has Vicente for Scottish nash so not sure his thinking behind it, though he's still a relatively young horse so could be why. 40s and 33s all week for Vintage Clouds, each way at 5 places would be buying money, jumps and can stay all week as proven at Cheltenham and Welsh nash.

I'm backing anything in Gigginstown colours, they seem to campaign their horses well, let them run like dogs then hack up in graded contest somewhere. Alpha Des Obeaux fits that bill, but i don't like the jockey booking.

My pick is Vieux Lion Rouge, got round on horrific ground as a 7 year old 2 years ago finishing 6th. Had a great campaign last year but was probably handicapped out of the race, back down in the weights, got round twice, 33/1 for 5 places is appealing.