Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: USA France and UK bomb Syrian targets

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
    As against you believing in what Philly says you have too .... much preferred it when you too used to bicker all the time ... good times lost in your pursuit of Corbynista utopia
    We have a common denominator, which I'm very happy about............... We both hate tory applications and ideology.......
    Vote For John Brown

Quote Originally Posted by raefil View Post
    another who just proved the point, thanks Strongy.

The only way to beat the unions was to make them think like they did. Self interest for the few as opposed to the many.

It worked, thatcher did a remarkable job.
    Try making that case at your next branch meeting or, putting on agenda of any momentum meeting!

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
    Dunno about the unions going to the dogs but see below to see were your subs end up :
    Forty-five trade union fat cats earned £100,000 or MORE last year

FORTY-FIVE trade union fat cats earned £100,000 or more last year, according to research by the TaxPayers’ Alliance.
    It has put together a Trade Union Rich List to coincide with this weekend’s TUC conference.

The six-figure salaries place union bosses comfortably within the category of “wealthy” defined by shadow chancellor John McDonnell as those earning more than £80,000 a year.

Being among the top five per cent of earners in the UK, they would face a new 50 per cent income tax levy if Labour came to power.

Top of the rich list are GMB bosses Paul Kenny and Tim Roache, who shared earnings of £263,000 last year.

Five earned more than the Prime Minister, who is paid £150,402 a year.

These union bosses claim to speak for workers

Chloe Wesley

They are Larry Broderick, general secretary of the Financial Services Union (£164,723), former National Association of Head Teachers boss Russell Hobby (£161,548), John Smith, of the Musicians’ Union (£155,728), Tim Poil, of the Nationwide Group Staff Union (£153,055) and TUC chief Frances O’Grady (£152,365). Stephen Cotton, head of the International Transport Workers Federation earned £149,005, Royal College of Midwives boss Cathy Warwick was paid £147,139, Karen Middleton, of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, earned £140,670 while Community’s Roy Rickhuss was paid £140,474.

The deputy general secretary of the Prison Officers Association, Andy Darken, ranked bottom of the list on £100,014, which is £72,414 higher than the average UK salary of £27,600.

Mick Cash, boss of the RMT union which staged the recent Southern rail strikes, was paid £137,349.

Chloe Wesley, of the TaxPayers’ Alliance, said: “These union bosses claim to speak for workers but it looks hypocritical when they take home whopping salaries at the same time as they criticise high pay elsewhere.”

Pretty sure some on here will defend the salaries with the usual 'that's the rate for the job shite but for me given that the average wage is only circa £26/27k that these leaders are a little too far detached.
    I await with eager anticipation the sharing of their wealth in accordance with their ideology and their demands on others of similar financial standing to share theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by pnematic View Post
    I await with eager anticipation the sharing of their wealth in accordance with their ideology and their demands on others of similar financial standing to share theirs.

Prepare to be disappointed........................And the 26/27 k "average" wage is always good for a laugh as well..
    Vote For John Brown

Alex Neil “This club has had a certain style for four years and I’m trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.”

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed........................And the 26/27 k "average" wage is always good for a laugh as well..
    Given those salaries the average wage is probably higher than the figure quoted.

At least the fat greedy overpaid capitalist bastards don’t pretend they want to share their wealth.

https://videopress.com/v/8wXlIPei

An interesting video from the German channel, ZDF, that has been doing the rounds on Twitter - used the Skwawkbox video because it has subtitles. My missus has watched it and says that they are accurate, although her German is a bit rusty.

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/04/23/vid...robably-staged

I believe that these journalists in Douma are reporting what they hear - of course, there is still the question of whether people feel free to speak freely or other such obfuscations.

Have noticed (via Google Translate/help from the missus) that the German media is much more circumspect about the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepp Blatter View Post
    https://videopress.com/v/8wXlIPei

An interesting video from the German channel, ZDF, that has been doing the rounds on Twitter - used the Skwawkbox video because it has subtitles. My missus has watched it and says that they are accurate, although her German is a bit rusty.

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/04/23/vid...robably-staged

I believe that these journalists in Douma are reporting what they hear - of course, there is still the question of whether people feel free to speak freely or other such obfuscations.

Have noticed (via Google Translate/help from the missus) that the German media is much more circumspect about the whole thing.

Agatha Christie would have been proud if she'd written this one..
    Vote For John Brown

Another one thats gone strangely quiet.
    change has never been gifted from above, it has always been fought for by people demanding it.