Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shabbagaz - A big thank you.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by shabbagaz View Post
    Admittedly I did make some mistakes/misjudgements so apologies to those on the receiving end of those!
    I'll forgive you.
    And now, the end is near...

Thanks all for your very kind comments.

I'll be brutally honest - there's been a number of times where I've considered stepping down but have been talked out of it. I was going to stay on after we had the news from JK about taking the forum forward but being honest, I fell below my usual standards with some of my posts recently where I've hit back whereas normally I'd just let it slide. That convinced me it wasn't worth the hassle anymore.
    I've said a number of times I was going to step down but this time I thought it best if I stuck to my guns - I didn't think I could mentally cope anymore and, as mentioned, have let my frustration out quite a few times recently. It's fair to say I'm really not as thick-skinned as others!

I tried to do the job to the best of my ability and tried to be fair. Admittedly I did make some mistakes/misjudgements so apologies to those on the receiving end of those.

Once again - thanks all. And a massive thanks to JK and the moderators & admin past and present for being incredibly supportive.

There was a precursor to PNE Online that started out in 2002, well I say that but it was still called PNE Online albeit on completely different forum software. It was then that Waddie (then owner/admin) asked me to become a mod along with Horse. Was then one ever since until now!

If you hadn't then you'd be the only person in the world not to........ Best of British.
    Vote For John Brown

Sorry that you feel this way Gaz.

I hope your recent spat with riverkiller wasn't the 'straw that broke the camels back' so to speak?

You did nowt wrong there. Defended yourself under provocation. Totally understandable.

Anyway, thanks for your work over the years. Defo one of my favourite ever mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
    I've done 14 years' worth of posting in the 8 years I've been a member of this forum. Never put myself forward to be a mod because I know I couldn't find time and I really appreciate those who do.

Thanks shabbagaz.
    ^^ Correct, same here.

There was a precursor to PNE Online that started out in 2002, well I say that but it was still called PNE Online albeit on completely different forum software. It was then that Waddie (then owner/admin) asked me to become a mod along with Horse. Was then one ever since until now!
    Cheers Gaz. Time for more photography?

River killer is nothing short of a dirty rotten gimboid, I'm going to give him what for.
    dp/1853677280 Th
    Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Quote Originally Posted by We8PNE View Post
    I'll forgive you.
    You deserve everything that gets thrown your way.
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Assistant Manager
    Gaz, many thank for all you have done as a mod although it at times is a thankless task as you know. Also, many thanks for the help, advice and support you gave me during my two terms serving as a mod, it was much appreciated. I look forward to reading your continued posts. All the best, Ivor

Cheers Gaz, it's a shame you feel you can't carry on.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Assistant Manager northender0602's Avatar
    Thanks from me too, been on this Forum for years, seen some right battles going on, must be a nightmare moderating them.