Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pearson to leave?

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    An old bloke said to me on Sunday don't believe any tripe you see about Pearson leaving for 10 million, he's commited to the club.
    My natural instinct was to log on here and have a look and i saw nothing posted so put it down to he gentleman just being old. However if it's been put in a newspaper, bit harsh shooting the OP down for posting a thread about a said rumour. That Also said, i don't know what other stuff he's posted.
    He's created more new threads than you have had hot dinners

Quote Originally Posted by paddysr View Post
    He's created more new threads than you have had hot dinners
    Double J is actually a rabbit and only eats salads.

Bit of comedy for you there, folks.

Transfer Target
    Quote Originally Posted by norky84 View Post
    All offensive/creative players. We probably will see the £20 million barrier broken for an offensive/creative player in the Championship this Summer. I just don't think a defensive midfielder like Pearson will attract more than £10-£15 million even in this inflated market.

And that isn't a critiscm of Pearson either, as I think he's brilliant for us.
    You could be right about Pearson's value, but seriously, how many PNE fans at the start of the season just gone expected us to rake in whatever we got for Hughill? To be honest, I was a bit shocked when I read that Ipswich had offered (was it 1.5M for him?)..........then I believe Reading offered 8m?

Personally I think that Pearson is of more value to some clubs than Hughill, although totally different players of course. To a team who is looking to shore up the defence in front of the back three/four, who knows what Pearson's value could turn out to be?