Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Former PNE Players Thread

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Manson View Post
    Where is Big George?
    Quick Google suggests he runs a business in SA that owns property, horses and a construction company.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Assistant Manager northender1881's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Manson View Post
    Where is Big George?
    Quote Originally Posted by paddysr View Post
    Quick Google suggests he runs a business in SA that owns property, horses and a construction company.

His 'Linked In' profile says things along these lines also. Someone message him and ask perhaps

https://za.linkedin.com/in/george-ko...rakis-79474785
    "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
    Brian Clough

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by northender1881 View Post
    His 'Linked In' profile says things along these lines also. Someone message him and ask perhaps

https://za.linkedin.com/in/george-ko...rakis-79474785
    Maybe he has become a billionaire and wants to buy us and pump in half of his fortune?

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Doug Holden who scored for us in the '64 Cup Final is still around, he is now 87 years old. I met his wife a couple of years ago and his granddaughter lives in Lowestoft a few miles from me.

EDIT: He was still playing 5-a-side in a league during his mid to late 60's with all the young 'uns
    Didn't he go to South Africa?

Chief Anal Acoustician jcfartpants's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boltons1 View Post
    Johnny Vaughn was on the coaching staff of a club we played this season either Millwall or Barnsley I think.

In 2009 I played for the fans team against a ‘legends XI’ vs players such as Carts, Eyres, Bryson and the like although we had players that went on to play for Kendal and Clitheroe in there the class difference was clear to see between 20-70mins they dominated and scored 6-7 quick goals which killed us. Eyres in particular destroyed us. We had 2 goals before 20 mins and were doing ok we thought. Then when subs were made we brought it back to a more respectable score, but to be fair they had completely let their foot off the gas. Think it ended 10-6 with 5 goals for Eyres, one an absolutely sublime chip on the half volley.

I still remember turning Cartwright inside out and nutmegging Bryson though.
    'Course you did pal
    East Midlands Branch